Every January, Franchise Business Review® (FBR) publishes their annual Franchisee Satisfaction Awards to help prospective franchise buyers in their search for the right franchise. Based solely on surveyed franchisees who currently run a business, the results cull the top 200 franchises to buy in the new year. Budget Blinds is #27 for 2020 and has been in the top 200 for fourteen years in a row.
How the top franchise opportunities are chosen
FBR’s annual Franchisee Satisfaction Awards is the only franchise ranking based on actual franchisee satisfaction and performance, surveying thousands of franchise owners in hundreds of brands. The surveys go beyond surface appearance, delving into strategic areas of the business for an in-depth evaluation, delivering unbiased facts about the overall health of a franchise system.
- Training and support
- Systems and operations
- Executive leadership
- Core values
- Franchisee community
- Financial opportunity
- General Satisfaction
Additionally, personal questions concerning business lifestyle and overall enjoyment of owning their franchise gets to the very heart of the matter, such as:
- Do you enjoy being part of this organization?
- Do you respect the franchisor?
- Has your investment in this business been consistent with your expectations?
- Would you “do it again” knowing what you know today?
- Would you recommend this franchise to others?
Getting information “straight from the horse’s mouth” is what sets FBR apart and makes their annual valuations so important and so valuable to prospective franchise owners. They talk to those who are living the life every day – the real experts! While this information doesn’t replace the franchise investigation process and due diligence that all potential franchisees need to do, this list can help to navigate the complex franchise landscape.
Why Budget Blinds stays in the top 200
Budget Blinds is one of the four franchise brands of Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), one of the largest home services franchises as well as the world’s best-selling direct-to-consumer franchise family in the billion-dollar home improvement industry. Budget Blinds has been awarding franchises for over 27 years and with over 1,300 franchise territories in the U.S. and Canada is the largest window coverings franchise in North America. The business model is designed to help you build a successful franchise business to realize your personal and career goals:
- Target markets are clearly defined; both residential and commercial.
- Grow a scalable business with one or more exclusive territories.
- In-demand and on-trend window covering products and services are already identified and new products and services are continually added to keep our franchisees on the cutting edge of styles, design trends, and smart home technology.
- A Vendor Alliance of industry-leading manufacturers ensures high-quality products and you can choose those you prefer to work with.
- Comprehensive training covers every aspect of running your business, including design, hands-on installation, and best business practices with ongoing training, both online and regional face-to-face meetings.
- Flat marketing and royalty fees let you keep more of what you make, so the sky’s the limit on income.
- Work smarter, not harder, with the best business services and latest technologies to efficiently run your business.
Personal and work satisfaction
As a Budget Blinds franchise owner, you can structure your business the way you want. While there are requirements of the franchise agreement that protect the integrity of the brand, there is a lot of latitude to customize your business.
- Run your business from home or set up a showroom and offices.
- No required hours of operation; work the days and hours you prefer.
- Build a family-run business or hand pick a team of employees.
- Grow your business as big as you want with one or more territories.
- Do the part you love, like design and selling, and hire installers and office admin or run the business end and oversee sales and installation teams.
- Network with local realtors and home builders for new homeowner leads.
- Attend home shows and contribute to local design home projects to build brand awareness; become the local expert.
- Expand the commercial side of the business with BBCS (Budget Blinds Commercial Solutions).
- Be more involved in your local community and support ministries and causes that are important to you.
Make the move to franchise ownership
Making the Top 200 list year after year is an honor for Budget Blinds and a very good reason to consider Budget Blinds if you’re in the market to buy a franchise business. Franchise Business Review has already given Budget Blinds a strong endorsement, and you can learn more by hearing what our franchise owners have to say about their businesses by viewing videos and testimonials here: Why Become A Budget Blinds Franchisee.
Budget Blinds is just one of the HFC family of franchise brands. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and learn more about Budget Blinds’ sister brands, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®.
Access the Franchise Business Review Top 200 Franchises Guide 2020 here.