While job satisfaction numbers continue to inch up year after year in response to a strengthening economy and lower unemployment, 49% of people are still unsatisfied with their jobs (conferenceboard.org). This means that in an office of six, three are unhappy at work. Where would you fall among those six — happy or unhappy?
Work is a big part of life. With eight hours of every 24 sleeping, means at least half of your waking hours (16) are spent at work. If those hours are unpleasant or unfulfilling, it makes for long and tiresome days, weeks, months … and years. If you dread going to work every day, you’re not alone.
Top reasons that people hate their jobs
- Compensation – too low, no benefits, no significant raises no matter how hard you work
- Career advancement – no place to grow to improve lifetime earnings potential
- Work/life balance — need more flexibility
- Stress in the workplace – bad boss, office politics and organizational culture
- Passion is gone — want more challenging, meaningful work
- No job security
While no job is perfect, there should be a level of satisfaction at the end of the day that your time is worthwhile and contributing positively to you and your family. If your job keeps you living paycheck to paycheck like 78% of American workers (CareerBuilder.com), or you have no possibility of career advancement, it may be time to stop working for someone else and take charge of your future as an independent franchise business owner and work at a job you’ll love.
Franchise ownership makes you the boss
As an independent franchise business owner with Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), you get to control your life by controlling your work and your income. All four brands—Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®–let you grow your business as big as you want, with no limit to how much you can make.
As amazing as that sounds, it’s true. Across all brands are franchisees who own multiple territories, have offices and showrooms, and multiple teams of installers, admin, sales and designers. We also have many franchise owners who keep their businesses smaller, work from home and do more of the hands-on selling and installation. HFC business models are geared for success, with a supportive infrastructure that lets you be as successful as you want to be.
- Low-cost, low-overhead business.
- Bring family members into the business, a legacy to pass on.
- Control your schedule; work days, nights, weekends … you decide what works for you.
- Carve out time for your own interests, hobbies, and regular family vacations.
- Solid training and on-going support keep you learning and growing in all phases of business.
- Flat royalty and marketing fees let you keep more of what you earn.
- Strong national brands with good reputations for high-quality products and exceptional customer service builds an enduring business.
If you’ve ever wanted to be your own boss, franchising can get you there quickly, without all the hassles of starting a business from scratch. You step into an arena with in-demand products and services, defined target markets, strong Vendor Alliance and a national brand with comprehensive marketing support to drive brand awareness.
Work every day at a job you love
If going to work for someone else has become a chore and you’re looking for a job you can love, being your own boss with hand-picked employees and a company culture you determine may be the solution to happiness at work. As a franchise owner with HFC:
- You can achieve a work/life balance that best suits you, with time for other pursuits and activities.
- No more worries about layoffs, corporate restructure or incompatibility with bosses or co-workers.
- You determine how much you want to make; you get out of the business what you put in.
Call 1-800-420-5374 today and start talking with one of our franchise licensing advisors, or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see if franchise ownership is what you’ve been looking for to achieve career satisfaction and financial security. Check out HFC’s family of brands to see which one is the right fit for you.