The push to shopping locally is gaining ground across the country. Terms like “Localization Movement,” “Buying Local” and “Indie-shopping” (independent local business) are popping up as ways to describe the movement within communities to encourage residents to patronize independent, local businesses versus national chains or absentee-owner establishments.
It’s a natural trickledown from the “Buy American Made” ideology that strengthens and undergirds the economy of our nation, but on the smaller scale of individual communities and towns. If you want to start your own business, pursuing a franchise opportunity can put you on the path to success as a local business owner. Consumers like the up-close-and-personal nature of local merchants, and Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is home to three low-cost, home-based franchises in the home services industry.
Independently-owned franchises are local, community businesses
A recent survey of 6,000+ U.S. consumers revealed that consumers use local businesses 56% of the time; they’re willing to pay more for an improved quality of service they can’t get at a big box store; and they enjoy the V.I.P. treatment they get in a small, local business. (Yodle Insights: What Consumers Want from Local Business)
These top ten reasons that consumers use a local business prove out the successful business models of all the HFC franchises. Recent customer surveys show the high level of customer satisfaction with all three brands.
Top Reasons a Consumer Chooses Budget Blinds
- Professionalism of the person they spoke with when they first called
- How quickly an appointment was available
- Knowledge level of Style Consultant; ability to help with best window coverings selection
- Wide selection, quality of the products and value received for money spent
- Expertise of the installers
95% of Tailored Living customers agreed
- Consulting process was ranked as excellent/good
- Offer truly custom design solutions
- High quality products and materials
- Overall installation experience ranked as excellent/good
- Would definitely refer a friend to Tailored Living
Concrete Craft customers speak out
- They were so professional
- Delivered exactly what was agreed upon; flawless result
- They are total pros from start to finish
- Voted Best of Houzz for 2013, 2014, 2015 from online consumer voting
Each of the three franchise business opportunities available through HFC makes you an independent owner of a local, small business enterprise, making you a valuable contributing member of your community. Whether you choose Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® or Concrete Craft, you can become the go-to resource for local consumers needing the products our home design franchises offer:
- Window coverings including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery soft treatments for residential and commercial, both indoor and outdoor applications
- Organization and storage solutions for custom closets, garages, home offices, laundry rooms, pantries and more, including commercial flooring and storage
- Hand-crafted stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete floors and exterior landscape surfaces for residential or commercial properties
The benefits of a local franchise business on the community
Local franchise businesses add value and strength to a community by helping to keep more of the money the residents spend within the community, benefitting all the residents.
- The money consumers spend on shopping, dining, entertainment and home services stays within the community.
- Business taxes go right back into community support, including police, fire, schools, improved roads, community services and public libraries.
- Local businesses compound their positive impact by using other local businesses like accountants, banks, attorneys, tax services, printers, janitorial, office supply, etc.
- Local businesses provide job opportunities for residents who, in turn, patronize local businesses for lunches, quick shopping trips and gassing up the car.
- A community of independent, small businesses is a catalyst for new entrepreneurs to make the move to business ownership and economic security.
- As a permanent member of the community, local businesses strive to provide exceptional customer service to foster repeat business and generate referrals and good reviews.
- Local businesses will be more likely to provide regional products and services that national chains would not consider. For example, in the South, fresh boiled peanuts are a favorite regional treat and The Happie Chicks have a thriving, small business that has grown to include online sales.
- Local businesses thrive as one-of-a-kind and distinctive character shops, celebrating a community’s own culture and creating a broad base of products and services.
- Business owners are committed to their communities and participate in civic affairs of the community, including voting and running for local offices.
- Community businesses contribute to local non-profits, and sponsor teams and sporting events.
- A diversity of locally-owned businesses ensures economic security for a community, with jobs and livelihoods not dependent upon one huge conglomerate that, by moving out of the area, can shut down a town.
Building a business, building community
As an independent franchise owner, you are a local business, despite the national brand reach across the country. You’re supported by a robust franchise support system, but you truly are your own boss, building and running your franchise to suit your personality and your territory. HFC is dedicated to “growing” successful, independent franchise businesses through every available avenue, and you will get out of your business what you put into it; you are the engine that drives your success!
If you’ve ever dreamed of being our own boss or buying a franchise, here are nine reasons to consider becoming an HFC-family independent franchise business owner:
- Proven business models with proven track records
- Extensive and ongoing training / Read more here
- Product excellence; vendor support and guarantees
- Vigorous national advertising, including dynamic social media efforts / Read more here
- Strong reputation in the industry, high customer satisfaction
- Veteran support programs to facilitate business ownership / Read more here
- Flat royalty and marketing fees; how much you make is up to you
- Mentoring support / Read more here
- Protected territories
Check out what Home Franchise Concepts has to offer!
You can go online to homefranchiseconcepts.com to learn more about our three home service franchise brands and to schedule a free franchise consultation to see if franchise ownership is right for you. With HFC, you’re backed by a strong national brand with over 20 years of franchising experience that gives you all the resources, world-class support and marketing savvy you need to grow your business and be as successful as possible. You can take pride in knowing that, as a local merchant, you are bringing high-quality products and services into the community you call home.