Returning to civilian life after military service can be challenging on many levels. One critical issue that military veterans face is: “What is my next career move?”
- Can the skills they learned in the military translate to civilian work
- They may be tired of taking orders and want to be their own boss
For many veterans, a franchise business opportunity is the perfect answer—an independent business with a strong support infrastructure.
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), parent company of three home services franchise brands, is committed to assisting veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners with Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. Over 20 years of franchising has proven the value that military training can bring to the civilian workforce. Shirin Behzadi, CEO of Home Franchise Concepts, shares: “The training, discipline, and teamwork instilled in members of the U.S. Armed Forces prepare every veteran for a successful role as a franchise business owner. Our goal is to provide significant financial incentives to make a veteran’s transition into the civilian workforce a smooth and successful one.”
HFC is proud to offer discounts to veterans for franchise opportunities, making ownership of a low-cost franchise a reality for many veterans, like Retired Lieutenant Colonel Luis Fontanez. After serving 23 years in the Army, he was ready for a change: “I always knew I would own my own business one day. I just could not see myself working for anyone else in my second career. This time, my hard work needed to be for the benefit of me and my family, not for a corporation. Growing my own business in the community I love with my family close by was my first priority.”
Military training instills valuable life skills
Recognizing the skill sets and leadership qualities that are instilled in the military, HFC has made a concerted effort to engage military veterans in franchise business ownership. And regardless the number of years served in the military, our veteran franchise owners believe that their military training was invaluable, giving them a strong foundation for successful franchise business ownership. Here is an impressive list of the skills veterans bring to the table as a result of their military training:
- Leadership, organizational and management skills
- Supervising and managing people, team-building, training employees
- Building confidence, gaining self-awareness
- Developing discipline, responsibility, good work ethic, maturity, integrity
- Dealing with all kinds of people and different cultures
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Following a model, a proven system
Budget Blinds franchise business opportunity
Budget Blinds began franchising in 1994, and is now the largest window coverings franchise in North America. The first veteran franchise owner came onboard in 2006, and Budget Blinds military veteran franchise owners now make up 10% of the franchise family.
- Qualified veterans receive a $15,000 discount off the purchase price of a Budget Blinds franchise ($84,950 – $15,000 = $69,950 initial fees)
- Easy to operate, home-based business with flexible hours
- No storefront and no inventory means low overhead
- Comprehensive training and on-going support; no experience in window coverings is necessary
- 91 franchise owners qualified for the Million Dollar Club in 2015
- Revenue streams include residential, commercial and private label products
Ed Burns retired from the Marine Corps after 20+ years, and since 2014 has been a franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Costa Mesa, CA. “You have so much responsibility in the military; it’s really nice to be just responsible for yourself. I love it. I love being my own boss. I love the service we’re providing.”
Tailored Living franchise business opportunity
Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® is one of the fastest growing home and garage organization companies in the U.S. and Canada with 195 franchised territories. Backed by our brand strength and marketing power, you can realize your dreams of being your own boss.
- Qualified Veterans will receive a $5,000 discount off the purchase price of a Tailored Living franchise ($74,950 – $5,000 = $69,950 initial fees)
- Home-based business with large, exclusive territories
- Mentoring program to help new franchise owners advance quickly
- Comprehensive training and on-going support
- Cutting-edge proprietary 3D software helps you create the perfect design every time
- The home organization industry is expected to grow by 4% annually to $9.4 billion in 2017
Derek Harris served six years in the Navy and now is a veteran Tailored Living franchise owner in Littleton, CO. “I chose Tailored Living because the company structure was compatible with my hands-on attitude and because I enjoy working with people to achieve goals. I’ve been able to carry over the work ethic I gained during my time in the military and incorporate it into my day-to-day business activities which made for an easy transition.”
Concrete Craft franchise business opportunity
Concrete Craft is the only decorative concrete franchise in the country, so you have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an emerging niche market that is growing 5% each year. Resurfaced, stained and stamped concrete for interior and exterior floors and vertical surfaces opens the door to unlimited creativity and earning potential.
- Qualified Veterans will receive a $5,000 discount off the purchase price of a Concrete Craft franchise ($49,950 – $5,000 = $44,950 initial fees)
- Home-based business; control your schedule and your work life
- Comprehensive training and on-going support; no previous background in concrete required
- Multiple revenue streams, including indoor and outdoor applications for residential and commercial
- Proprietary products and techniques place you above the competition
- Flat monthly royalty and marketing fees
Patrick Godfrey, veteran franchise owner of Concrete Craft of Charlotte, NC, shares his experience as a member of the HFC family of brands: “I joined Concrete Craft in order to join a company which has strong growth potential and a backbone to support it. My twelve years in the Navy has provided me with the work ethic and organizational skills to be able to take my franchise and grow it beyond my best estimates.”
Turning Veterans into Entrepreneurs
HFC’s heart for veterans is not only verified by the success of our veteran franchise business owners, our brands are recognized within the industry as extremely veteran-friendly, based on financial discounts and corporate policies that empower veterans to become successful business owners. Budget Blinds and Tailored Living are named in the Military TimesTM Magazine Top 38 Best For Vets: Franchises 2014-16. Additionally, the HFC franchise brands are recognized by veteran programs VetFran and Franchise Business ReviewTM, and acknowledged by prestigious franchise networks like Entrepreneur®, Franchise 500TM, Inc. 5000, Canadian Franchise Association® and Franchise Times®.
“At Home Franchise Concepts, we strive to empower people by helping to put them in business for themselves. Our first step is to provide significant financial incentives to empower Veterans to take the next step as an entrepreneur. And, we stay with them, offering business support, ongoing training and the tools they will need to be successful.” – Shirin Behzadi
The American Dream is alive and well and should be attainable by everyone, especially veterans who fought for that freedom! To learn more about veteran franchise business ownership opportunities with the HFC family of brands, call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts Veterans’ Opportunities and see if a home-based franchise opportunity is the right career move for you.