Home Franchise Concepts’ CEO, Shirin Behzadi, was recently featured in the May issue of Franchise Times: Claim Your Life, Urges Budget Blinds’ Chief. She shares secrets of the company’s success as well as her own incredible story, a portrait of strength and courage.
Behzadi joined Budget Blinds® as CFO in 1999 and was an integral part of its growth and the formation of Home Franchise Concepts, now parent company to three direct-to-consumer franchise brands, Budget Blinds, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. While carving out a career in the franchising world, eight years ago, Behzadi underwent surgery to remove a life-threatening brain tumor. A two-year rehabilitation process during which she had to learn to walk and speak again became a turning-point in her life. She determined to take ownership of her life and discovered she had a passion to help others do the same. Franchising was the perfect place for her to realize that dream of helping others.
“I’ve learned through my journey that when you focus on the right value systems, then even though some things are difficult to deal with in life, you come through them that much better as opposed to not having the right values to rally around. I want to feel like there’s some contribution we’re making to this world to give people the opportunity to claim their own lives, to have more independence, to have more flexible hours so they can spend time with their families.” –Shirin Behzadi
Company growth and evolution
Over the years the company’s growth continued strong and, in 2015, the five founders exited, Behzadi advanced to CEO and a private equity firm came on board to facilitate the push to become the uncontested leader in the home services industry. Amazing things are happening across the brands, and Behzadi credits the successes of HFC to its values that drive every decision.
- Focus on helping franchisees find success by letting them define what it means to them
- Create a support system to get them there whether they are part-time or multi-million-dollar producers
- Build a strong synergy between the brands with cross referencing and providing referral opportunities for each
- Create platforms where executives, employees and franchisees can “shine where their strengths are”
- Give back to the community by supporting nonprofit groups, including veteran partnerships like Homes for Our Troops and Wounded Warriors Canada
She explains, “It’s in our DNA to give back. To do well in the world, you’ve got to do good in the world.”
Is franchising for you?
Home Franchise Concepts has been turning out successful franchise business owners for 25 years. If you’ve thought about owning your own business, here are some elements of the HFC franchise business models that make them so desirable.
- Low initial investment and low overhead
- Extensive training and corporate support
- Nationally-known brands
- Shop-at-home consumer convenience
- Proven business models
- Flat rate royalty fees; keep more of what you make
- Substantial discounts to veterans
If you’re ready for a career change, HFC may be exactly what you’re looking for in a company with core values of trust, collaboration, transparency, commitment and caring. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and begin researching what may be the best career move you’ll ever make.
Read the entire Franchise Times article by clicking here to learn more about HFC and its inspiring CEO, exciting history, and dedicated leadership that are committed to your success.