2020 is winding down and most people are happy to see it go. It’s been a year of firsts that no one could have imagined:
- Worldwide pandemic
- Home lockdown and quarantine
- Mandatory face masks and social distancing in public places
- Business, school, and church closures for health and safety
- Unprecedented work-at-home shift for thousands of people
And, while some things will be non-negotiable moving into 2021, you can take control of your work life by being your own boss as an independent franchise business owner with Home Franchise Concepts (HFC). Even with the challenges of 2020, HFC has continued to grow across all four of its franchise brands, including Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®.
Steady growth in trying times
HFC’s consistent growth is due to many factors. The core values of the company create a framework on which everything else hangs, driving excellence at every level from Home Office associates to franchise owners. Core values of consideration, cooperation, communication, innovation, and accountability create a dynamic culture that supports every facet of the business and fulfills the HFC vision statement to be “The Leader in creating value for every owner within our franchise concepts.” Other aspects of HFC that promote growth and desirability:
- A recognized leader in franchisor/franchisee relationships – HFC brands have years of ranking in Franchise Business Review’s® annual Top 200 Franchises that present the best franchise business opportunities every new year based solely on actual franchisee satisfaction and performance surveys.
- Biggest and best – HFC is one of the world’s largest franchise businesses and the top-selling family of direct-to-consumer brands in the home-related goods and services space.
- Existing franchise owners – Many expanded their businesses in 2020 by acquiring additional territories, including second, third, and even fourth territories.
- Diversity – New franchise owners of all ages and diverse backgrounds joined the franchise family.
- On target and relevant – Products and services that cater to consumer demand keep HFC franchise owners out in front as new trends unfold, allowing them to be highly competitive in the marketplace.
- Best and highest-quality products – Vendor Alliance programs ensure HFC franchise owners have superior products, brands, and services at the best prices to help consumers enhance their homes and enrich their lives.
Give a brand a test-drive to learn more
Talk is cheap, and sometimes “show me” can be very powerful. Some of our franchise owners have come onboard after experiencing the excellence that hallmarks all the HFC franchise brands. New window treatments from Budget Blinds, garage and closet storage systems from Tailored Living, beautiful concrete restoration by Concrete Craft, or refreshing a home with AdvantaClean was the catalyst to dig deeper and learn more about becoming a franchise owner. Impressed with the professionalism, expertise, quality, and customer service, the next logical step was to investigate and see if business ownership within the HFC family of brands made sense for them, and for some, it did!
As a customer, you’ll get a very up-close and personal look at the brand, including a feel for what will be expected of you as the service provider and whether it’s something you want to do.
- How was the in-home sales consultation? Could you do that?
- How about virtual consultations that evolved out of the Covid-restrictive climate?
- Were the ordering time frames reasonable and reliable?
- Was installation on time and done in a timely manner?
- Was the finished product/service all you expected it to be?
- How did the franchise owner you worked with feel about the company and the brand?
Study the business model
Another important element in evaluating a franchise opportunity is the business model and it deserves careful consideration before making a final decision. It lets you know the ins and outs of the franchise business and what you can expect. For over 27 years, HFC has been helping entrepreneurs build successful franchise businesses that give them the opportunity to take charge of their futures. The time-tested business models of a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living, Concrete Craft or AdvantaClean can put you on the road to franchise success:
- Low-cost franchises with low overhead.
- Home-based business model with the option to set up a showroom or offices.
- No experience necessary, in-depth training in every facet of the business.
- Exclusive protected territories; never any in-house competition.
- Be a sole proprietor, work with partners, or build a family business.
- No required operations schedule; set your own workdays and schedule and hire your own employees.
- In-home and virtual consultative sales model.
- Dual revenue stream with residential and commercial markets.
- Coordinated national and local marketing efforts drive brand awareness.
- Home Office support teams in all areas of business, including marketing, IT, sales, operations, admin, social media, installation, and vendor alliances.
- No limit on income; scale your business to the size you want with one or multiple territories.
- Franchise fee discounts for qualified Veterans per brand, as below.
- Budget Blinds
- Tailored Living
- Concrete Craft
Don’t just roll with the punches you may have been dealt this year. Be proactive and go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 and talk with one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors who will answer all your questions to help determine if franchising with HFC is right for you. The new year can be a fresh start as an independent franchise business owner.