The business world is in an unprecedented time of flux and uncertainty as commerce and the economy continue to be buffeted by the ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic. Some sectors have rallied while others continue to struggle for survival. On a very personal level, thousands of people have lost jobs and businesses have closed their doors. If you, as an employee, were at the mercy of bosses who made decisions that left you out in the cold, maybe it’s time to rebrand yourself by becoming your own boss.
When it’s time for a change
Rebranding yourself as an independent franchise business owner opens up a world of possibilities. Maybe you have a degree as an engineer or accountant and have worked in that field for years, but now you’d like to try something different. With a franchisor like Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), you’ll be trained and taught everything you need to know to open a franchise, so you have the freedom to explore new options. It’s not unusual for people to get tired of doing the same thing year after year even if it’s something they once loved to do. A 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics study followed Baby Boomers through their working lives and showed that, on average, people held 12.3 jobs between the ages of 18 and 52. One may debate whether a move is a career change or job change, but the bottom line is that change happens for many reasons:
- Fired or laid off
- Pay freezes or cuts in benefits
- No advancement or future growth
- Relocate to a new area
- Difficult bosses or co-workers
- New learned skills or certifications
- Bored with the day-to-day routine
- Craving something more from your job
Whatever your reason, if you know it’s time for something different and returning to employee status working for someone else isn’t the solution, ask yourself some questions to identify the real issues. You may find you’re not the same person you were when you began your present career. So, who are you today and what do you want now and for the future?
- Are you happy?
- What do you most dislike about your current position?
- Are you looking for something totally new?
- Do you have skills and strengths you’re not using?
- What career goals do you want to achieve?
- What personal goals do you want to achieve?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Being your own boss is not the impossible dream
If owing a business is something you’ve always wanted or an ambition you’ve just discovered about yourself, you owe it to yourself to follow through. For 27 years, HFC has been helping enterprising entrepreneurs “find their bliss” with franchise opportunities within its family of franchise brands—Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®. Our franchise owners come from all walks of life; men, women, corporate escapees, seniors, millennials, military Veterans, and unfulfilled workers who share one commonality—the driving desire to control their own destiny by building a successful franchise business. Most have rebranded themselves from employee to business owner, with very happy results!
- “I spent a lot of time in jobs that were more of a means to an end. Being the owner of AdvantaClean is the first time in my professional life that feels like I’m working toward something bigger.”— Russ Harlow, AdvantaClean
- “The beauty of this is you could build it as a home-based business, and you get to grow it to whatever size you want in true entrepreneurial fashion.” — Kim Lang, Budget Blinds
- “I’m five years into this and making more than I was in my previous job and my time is more flexible. Concrete Craft has really helped me grow as a person and as a businessman.” – Todd Rzepka, Concrete Craft
- “I initially was drawn to HFC because of their reputation of bringing high-quality products, great customer service and support to their franchisees. Take a look at the organization as a way of balancing your life with a company you own, you grow, and you’re responsible for your future.” – Mike Lyon, Tailored Living
Follow the leaders to success
HFC’s four franchise brands are home-based businesses in the multi-billion-dollar home services/home improvement industry. As one of the largest franchise companies in North America, HFC has over 1,800 franchise territories, offering products and services that are in-demand and timeless. HFC’s franchise owners stay relevant and ahead of the competition with evolving trend-forward styles and technologies that enhance their customers’ lives. With a solid business model, you can build the business you want, handling the areas that you most enjoy—sales and design, admin, marketing or installations—and developing efficient teams for the rest. Benefits of joining the HFC franchise family include:
- Low initial investment and low overhead
- Shop-at-home sales model for customer convenience, including virtual consultations
- No experience necessary, comprehensive training in every area of running your business
- Scalable business with one or multiple territories
- Flat marketing fees so you keep more of what you make
- Set your own hours and schedule for the work/life balance you desire
- National brand recognition and coordinated local marketing support with strong digital focus
- Ongoing, in-depth online training, educational videos and cutting-edge technology
- Exclusive territories with both residential and commercial revenue streams
- Substantial discounts to Veterans desiring to become franchise business owners
Live your very best work life
Don’t settle any longer for an unfulfilling job or the specter of unemployment. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and learn more about franchise ownership with HFC. You may discover your future is just a phone call away! An HFC franchise licensing advisor will spend the time to answer any questions you have and start you on the journey of discovering whether becoming an independent franchise business owner is the right career move for you.