Another year draws to a close and a new year begins. Are you where you want to be career-wise?
- Does going back to the same job for another 12 months excite you?
- Or, maybe you lost your job and are struggling to find a new spot?
- Would doing something completely different be a reason to get up every morning?
Maybe you need to rebrand yourself in the New Year, in the work world.
You don’t have to be what you’ve always been
Just because you went to college for a specific degree, say as a CPA, and have worked in that field for years, doesn’t mean you have to stay there. People change and evolve and can even get tired of doing the same thing year after year even if it’s something they once loved to do. A 2015 study by the Bureau of Labor Statistics that followed Baby Boomers through their working lives showed that, on average, people held 11.7 jobs between the ages of 18 and 48. One can argue about whether this is career changes or job changes, but the point is that change happens.
People change jobs and careers for many reasons. Including:
- No advancement or future growth
- Pay freezes
- New learned skills or certifications
- Fired or laid off
- Move to a new area
- Difficult bosses or co-workers
- Bored with day-to-day routine
- Ready for a change
If you’re feeling like you want something different in your work life, ask yourself some questions to pinpoint what the real issues are. You may find you’ve changed quite a bit from who you were when you began your present employment. Rebranding will help you find what you want and need now.
- What career goals do you want to achieve?
- What personal goals do you want to achieve?
- Do you have skills and strengths you’re not using?
- What do you most dislike about your current position?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Are you happy?
- Are you looking for something totally new?
Being your own boss can be the key to career satisfaction
If being your own boss and owning a business is something you’ve always wanted, working for someone else is always going to fall short on the satisfaction meter. For 25 years, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) has been helping entrepreneurs find their place in business ownership with franchise opportunities within their family of brands. Today, there are over 1,400 independent franchise business owners across the HFC network, including Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®.
There is no one profile; owners come in all ages, from all backgrounds, men and women, single owners or with a business partner. But they all do have one thing in common–the driving desire to build a successful business. Most rebranded themselves from employee to business owner, coming from every segment of the working world, including having served in the Armed Forces. In fact, HFC offers special discounts to assist military veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners.
HFC is one of the largest franchise businesses in the world, and the top-selling family of direct-to-consumer brands in the home improvement industry. All three brands are tried-and-true, nationally-known home services brands with excellent reputations for quality and service. As a franchise business owner with HFC, you step into the arena with a strong, proven business model and extensive support system.
- Low initial fees with low overhead
- Flat royalty and marketing fees so you keep more of what you make
- Two-weeks of intensive training encompassing all business practices, product education and installations
- Ongoing, in-depth online training, educational videos and cutting-edge technology
- A strong Franchise Support Department with Business Specialists and Coaches
- National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools, including a strong digital focus
- Extensive social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram
- Annual Conventions packed full of information, training and networking
A proven formula for success
All three HFC brands have proven business models that are geared to helping you build the business you want. Shirin Behzadi, Chief Executive Officer of Home Franchise Concepts shares the vision: “At Home Franchise Concepts, we strive to empower people by helping to put them in business for themselves and to support them fully through the rewarding journey of owning their franchise business. But, what keeps HFC and our family of brands strong is our focus towards a larger, global cause of working to improve people’s lives. And, we stay with them, offering business support, ongoing training and the tools they will need to be successful.”
Here’s a brief description of each brand:
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, for residential and commercial. Our new, exclusive Inspired CollectionTM offers natural shades, fabric blinds, custom drapery and luxurious bedding you can’t get anywhere else.
- Tailored Living – the largest home organization franchise in North America, helping homeowners and businesses de-clutter and de-stress with custom storage solutions for closets, home offices, pantries, laundry rooms, garages and more, as well as offering industry-tough PremierOne® flooring options.
- Concrete Craft – provides custom decorative concrete overlays, including stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes. Walkways, driveways, pool decks, patios, entryways and even vertical surfaces are changed from ordinary to extraordinary.
If it’s time to shake things up career-wise, go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today to see if rebranding yourself as a franchise business owner is the right move in the New Year. We’re happy to help find just the right spot for you.