If you’re facing an empty nest with the kids off to college or living on their own, what will you do all day in the suddenly very quiet house? Now that you can finally hear yourself think, what do you think?
- Your job is no longer exciting or challenging
- You’re not looking forward to retirement that’s looming ahead
- It’s been a long time since you’ve had a new adventure
- The dream of owning a business and being your own boss has never faded
With reduced family responsibilities, maybe it’s time to dust off some old dreams and see if they still fit. Moving on to a career second act could open up a whole new world of possibilities by channeling your hard-won expertise into something completely different. A franchise business opportunity with Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) can set you on the path to a great second act by being your own boss and redefining life on your terms.
The freedom of franchise ownership
Franchise ownership allows you to strike the work/life balance that works for you. You determine your work schedule around the rest of life, carving out time off, vacations, and the days you want to work. The scalability of all the HFC brands, Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®, allow you to build the business you want, including the number of territories you own, manage one crew or multiple crews, or do the work yourself. For over 25 years, new franchise owners have come onboard with the HFC family, and their reasons for a career second act may sound familiar. Here are some comments from new franchisees as they took that step into franchise business ownership.
Fulfilling the dream to own a business
- Wants to run his own business and work with his wife
- She was a stay at home mom for 16 years but now that her youngest is in school she got bored and wanted to start her own business
- Burned out, always wanted her own business; will allow them to have more time together
Better work/life balance
- He was working so much his wife said he needed to find a different job
- Works nights, married 13 years with three small children; wants better hours and family time, not working nights
- Wife works over 80 hours a week and wanted to start a business together to spend more time together; they want to build a future
Needing something new and exciting
- She and husband looking for something else to do
- He quit a job of 20 years to start new
- Good fit for his personality and interests, leaving a 30-year job
- Now retired, but bored
Job Security and planning for retirement
- Been downsized three times in last five years, got a new job and was laid off again
- Wants to work for himself, cannot lose job, have more control
- This will be their retirement plan — 10 to 12 years and then sell it
- Wants better future; looking to retirement
A career second act doesn’t always mean nearing retirement, but it definitely means taking steps to change your future with a work situation that works better for you.
Step into a dynamic franchise family
HFC is home to four top franchise brands in the multi-billion-dollar home improvement/home services industry, with proven business models already in place. With any one of our brands, you’re free from having to develop a concept, find your target audience or set up a marketing plan. All the groundwork has already been done so your energies can go into building your business. Benefits of the HFC business model that pave the way to success include:
- Low initial investment with low overhead
- Shop-at-home customer convenience
- Residential and commercial property revenue streams to broaden your client base
- Extensive training and corporate support, no experience necessary
- Well-known brands, continually promoted through coordinated national and local advertising as well as across multiple social media platforms
- Cutting-edge business technologies help our franchisees work smarter, not harder
- Vendor Alliance partners ensure competitive pricing on all products
- Substantial discounts to Veterans to become franchise owners
If you’re ready for a career second act, becoming an independent franchise business owner within the HFC family of brands may be the answer. As home service businesses, our brands help people live happier and healthier lives with high-quality products and services that provide solutions for life’s myriad challenges. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see which brand concept is the best fit for you.
- Budget Blinds –custom window coverings for residential and commercial clients, including blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery styles, with cutting-edge decorating trends and smart home technology.
- Tailored Living – focuses on changing lives through creating calm out of chaos with innovative whole home organization and storage solutions for home or business at the right price for every budget.
- Concrete Craft – the solid beauty of decorative concrete, including concrete repair and restoration along with concrete overlays and custom concrete staining, stamping, and resurfacing to transform indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
- AdvantaClean — is there when most needed, handling problems with lasting solutions by providing Restoration Services like mold removal and remediation, water damage restoration, Radon testing or mitigation, and air duct cleaning.