Looking ahead to retirement can evoke many different responses:
- 20-somethings can’t conceive of themselves as getting old
- 30-somethings have begun to realize there is a circle of life but…later
- 40-somethings begin to run the numbers to see if they can still eat when they’re 65
- 50 and above are lamenting that they did not begin saving for retirement in their 20s
Funding your retirement is up to you
Few people purposefully choose not to save for their retirement. Generally it’s just that life gets in the way. The rationale is that there’s plenty of time to start saving for retirement, but right now there are living expenses, school loans, medical expenses and myriad other things to eat up income.
It’s the little things that make a difference when it comes to saving your income and will let you actually save for little upgrades for when you’re retired like getting bigger mattress sizes for a new bigger bed or going on a nice cruise. For example, as a business it might be worthwhile you checking out that you have the cheapest business energy provider (using a site like Simply Switch) as in the long run this will help you save up money and in doing so, you will have more money for your retirement.
Social Security is a safety net, but it will not be sufficient to support a comfortable retirement. Pension plans were once the path to retirement, especially if you were with a company for many years, but now very few companies offer pension plans, opting instead for plans where employees fund their own retirement accounts, like a 401(K), or they offer no retirement plan option at all.
If you’re working hard, living paycheck to paycheck but never getting ahead of current expenses, much less saving for the future, maybe it’s time to do something about it. Why should your efforts go toward funding your boss’s retirement instead of your own?
Being your own boss would put you in the driver’s seat for how much you can make and how much you can save.
Become an independent business owner through franchising
Starting a business from scratch is a lot different than buying into an established, proven franchise system like you will find with Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) and its family of brands. With franchising, the infrastructure for success is already in place:
- Known products
- Brand reputation
- Defined target market
- Approved vendors
- National and local marketing presence
- Training in every facet of the business
All you have to add is you!
You can take control of your life, creating a work/life balance that meets the needs of your family. A franchise business is scalable to what you want it to be, full time, part time, do the work yourself or hire a team. You’ll work hard at building your business, but it’s on your own terms with all the reward for your labors going into your pocket, not some else’s. You will be able to live the lifestyle you want now as well as save for a fully-funded retirement.
All three HFC brands are in the multi-billion dollar home services/ home improvement industry, providing services and products to homeowners and businesses that will never go out of style. Build the business you want and take control of your financial future.
- Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters, decorative window film and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial, including motorized window treatments.
- Tailored Living® – in-demand whole home organization and custom storage solutions like closet organization systems, panty and laundry room design, home offices, entertainment centers, garage storage cabinets, and industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options. Servicing residential and commercial customers.
- Concrete Craft® – custom concrete overlays for stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete designs for home and business applications. Indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes like walkways, driveways and patios, including vertical concrete resurfacing for fireplaces, retaining walls, faux stone siding entryways and more.
The HFC brands are all leaders in their fields, and Home Franchise Concepts was recently featured on Business Rockstars with Mark Lack. CEO, Shirin Behzadi, shared the company culture and “secret sauce” for why HFC excels at setting up independent franchise owners for business success. Watch the complete interview by clicking here.
If you’re ready to take charge of your financial destiny from now through retirement, call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and begin to see the real possibilities of starting your own business. You’ll be part of a dynamic, growing franchise network whose brand synergies contribute to the success of each and every franchise owner throughout the network.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands supports veterans with substantial discounts to assist with becoming an independent franchise business owner.