In Q1 every year, the Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) family of brands holds their annual conventions for Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. Franchise business owners get together with their respective brands for a concentrated time of learning, sharing and celebrating. It’s a time to reflect on the previous year’s successes and get pumped up for the coming year, focusing on networking, growth and education. Each year is at a different “destination location” and introduces a galvanizing theme. The convention theme for a great 2017 is THINK BIG:
- Big goals
- Big advances
- Big marketing
- Big growth
Each Convention kicks off with a rousing keynote speaker to get things rolling, and then Home Franchise Concepts’ CEO, Shirin Behzadi, presents a comprehensive Corporate Update, summarizing the previous year and presenting the vision for the coming year. The excitement is contagious and revitalizing, setting everyone–from CEO to newest franchise owner–on the path to renewed commitment and success in their businesses.
“One of my favorite memories is walking into the lunch area during an annual convention, and how seeing an ocean of positive, hard-working and wonderful franchisees literally took my breath away! Through the years, our entire team has stayed super-charged with the prospects of continuing to grow. It’s time to THINK BIG! Think big with who we are today and where we can take it. Think big about how much better, larger and more innovative we can get. Think big about our strength and how to make ourselves even stronger with our combined family of brands under HFC.” –Shirin Behzadi, CEO, HFC
A gathering of your peers
Convention attendance is optional, but highly recommended for each and every franchise business owner and their key employees in the U.S. and Canada. There is a wealth of information disseminated at the conventions, the networking with franchisees from across the country is priceless, and there’s always a bit of fun thrown in with dinners and a closing night fancy-dress party. The days are focused and full, with a balance of work and relaxation to maximize the learning potential for every attendee. Every phase of business is covered:
- General Sessions and Educational Breakout Sessions with vendors, guest speakers and Corporate Support Team leaders that cover selling, installations, product knowledge and best business practices, including technology, marketing and closing the sale.
- Panels of your peers: ask questions and learn how other franchise owners handle different phases, and challenges, of running their franchise business. Personalities shine through as it becomes evident that there are more ways than just one to close a sale.
- Vendor Showcase: preview new products, talk to vendors, and receive special Convention discounts on sample books and other exclusive offers.
- A themed party just for fun: Glow in the Dark (2017) and favorite Superhero (2016).
- Fancy-dress Gala Awards Banquet on the last night.
Honoring the best of the brands
Just as the Academy Awards for the film industry names the best actor, actress and picture, awards at the HFC conventions honor those franchisees who excelled in their brand. Seeing what others have accomplished is a springboard to thinking, “I can do that, too!” Across the brands, top franchisees received such awards as:
- Franchisee of the Year
- Top 20
- Rookie of the Year
- Brand Ambassador
- Most Improved
- The Million Dollar Club
Friendly competition abounds, but basically in competition with themselves, franchise owners set their sites beyond what they did in sales the year before. To finally reach the Million Dollar Club is a coveted milestone.
It was a very good year
Conventions are an important part of staying connected with the brand, Corporate leadership and fellow franchise business owners. Designed for education, encouragement, fellowship and fun, these comments by attendees indicate that the annual conventions are right on in accomplishing those goals.
- “Love the keynote speakers, vendor showcase, and updates of what is going on.”
- “It’s always a GREAT time seeing everyone and discussing business and meeting new people. Already looking forward to a GREAT year!”
- “A favorite part for us is the group events and networking; it’s important to be surrounded by others who are doing everything they can to make their business a success and recharge your enthusiasm and energy for the work we do.”
- “The Vendor Showcase and Marketing Updates are where I seem to gain the most traction for future growth.”
- “The Million Dollar Club recognition and party were great.”
- “Please keep the costume parties; a great way to get involved and keep spirits up.”
- “Thanks for all the hard work that the corporate staff does to put on the convention.”
Annual conventions are just one of the ways that HFC supports and empowers their franchise owners across all three franchise brands. If you are an entrepreneur looking for a franchise business that will provide a solid opportunity and exceptional support, go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 to check out what the Home Franchise Concepts family of brands has to offer. Learn more about the advantages of franchising and determine whether Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft is the best fit for you. And maybe we’ll see you at convention next year!
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners by offering substantial discounts to purchase a franchise.