What do you know about franchising? Here are 10 myths and misconceptions that can muddy the waters about franchising and either scare potential entrepreneurs away or attract “the wrong sort” who think franchising is a get-rich-quick scheme. Test Your franchising IQ and see how much you really know about owning a franchise business.
- Franchising is too expensive
- A franchisor exerts too much control over my business
- I won’t have any say about advertising and marketing
- I will have to work day and night to make it work
- A franchise business takes care of itself; the brand name sells it
- I need a business degree or sales experience to succeed
- It should be in a field I already know or a passion of my life
- The newest, hottest trend is a good franchise opportunity
- Once I buy in, I’m on my own
- I have to quit my current job to start a franchise business
If you agreed with any of these statements, you may be surprised to learn that all of the above are incorrect assumptions about becoming an independent franchise business owner. So, clear your mind of these presumed roadblocks and read on to learn the truth about franchising with a leader in the franchising world, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC).
25 years of successful franchise owners
For 25 years, HFC has been turning out successful franchise business owners and, today, HFC is one of the leading franchisors in North America with over 1,400 franchised territories across its three award-winning brands in the home improvement industry.
- Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial. Offering exclusive product collections like Signature Series®, Enlightened Style®, and Inspired Collection®, Budget Blinds is the #1 window coverings franchise in the nation.
- Tailored Living® – the whole home experts for custom storage and organization solutions as well as industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business. Innovative design, professional installation, and a real-time 3D design software program help to make Tailored Living the largest home organization franchise in North America.
- Concrete Craft® – exclusive MasterProTM products provide custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing processes for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes, like walkways, driveways, decks, patios, pool decks, interior floors and vertical surfaces. Artistry and expertise for home and business that you can’t get anywhere else.
A franchise structure designed for success
HFC and its family of brands have refined the business models to ensure the greatest potential for success for every franchise owner. Everything about the franchise network is designed to support, encourage and build up franchise owners.
- Proven business models
- Low initial fees (with discounts for veterans)
- Home-based business, low overhead
- Protected territories, never any in-network competition
- Flat royalty and marketing fees so you keep more of what you earn
- In-depth training and ongoing support with assigned Business Coaches
- Vendor alliance programs ensure high-quality products, surpassing the competition in pricing and versatility
- Strong national brands with good reputations
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools
- Extensive social media reach, including TV, radio and print
- Regional meetings and annual international conventions keep communications open
You determine your level of business success
A franchise business is scalable to exactly what you want your business to be. Work the days and hours you want, build a team of employees who share your values and work ethic, and set your own business and financial goals. You get to forego the headaches of new business startup activities like product development, brand launch, market strategizing, vendor selection and setting up business systems. With franchising, these are already in place! We provide all the tools you’ll need to create the business you want on a rock-solid support network dedicated to your success.
- Step into a recognized market with in-demand products
- Business systems and cutting-edge technology help you run your business
- Support teams are available 24/7 to assist with problems or questions
- Join a franchise family with 25 year of success
If you are interested in owning your own business, one of the HFC family of brands may be the perfect solution. Call 1-800-420-5374 today to speak to a member of our Franchise Licensing Team, or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and follow the steps to becoming a franchise owner. Evaluate all three brands at Find a Fit, and investigate veteran opportunities if you are a veteran.
Take a virtual tour of the new Home Office in Irvine, CA, including a Franchise Support Center with world-class training facilities, and meet HFC’s CEO, Shirin Behzadi, as she shares her vision for the future of HFC and its family of brands.