Like most people, you probably have a favorite place for a good burger, designer coffee, barbeque ribs, or ethnic foods. Food franchises abound and, undoubtedly, you have your favorite places to go whenever a craving strikes.
But the food business is dog-eat-dog, and the competition is fierce. Just think—how many frozen yogurt places are within five minutes of your house? How many burger places? And how many St…St … coffee houses?
Loving the product is not a solid basis for choosing a franchise opportunity when you want to start your own business. Food and other fads come and go. So rather than basing such a big decision on a “fad of the month,” you need to go deeper into the business side of any franchise opportunity. You are, after all, planning to run your business for profit.
A World of Franchise Opportunities
With thousands of different franchise opportunities available, it can seem daunting to finally settle on one. Setting aside your affection for a certain product, ask yourself some hard questions and prioritize what is most important to you in franchise business ownership.
- What is the buy-in, and what can you realistically afford to spend to acquire a business?
- Are there additional “hidden costs” not clearly spelled out up front?
- What about overhead? Do you want a home-based business or will you purchase/buy/lease a brick-and-mortar location with maintenance, inventory and insurance costs?
- Are you going to have to work seven days a week like most retail/food establishments?
- Will you be sole proprietor, or do you have to bring in a business partner and employees?
- Are you in agreement with the rules and regulations in the franchise contract?
- What is the business model structure and how successful are the existing franchisees?
- How long has the company been in business and franchising?
- What kind of training and support is provided?
- How soon is it expected that your new franchise will show a profit (that you MAKE money)?
Those are just some of the issues you should research when considering buying a franchise. You need to know exactly what you’re getting into before you sign on the dotted line.
The Home Franchise Concepts family of brands
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is the parent company of three low-cost franchise brands–Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®–and quite possibly the best place to start when looking for a viable franchise opportunity!
- Each is a home-based franchise business with a protected territory
- The home improvement industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that grows every year, and our products will never go out of style or demand
- You can set your own hours and days, none are a 24/7 consumer-demand business
- Has proven, successful business models with over 20 years of franchising experience
- Flat royalty and marketing fees; how much you make is up to you
- Robust national advertising campaign supports and empowers your local efforts
- Strong reputation in the industry, high customer satisfaction
- Limited liability, you install your products, make the customer happy and you’re done
- Product excellence; vendor support and guarantees
- Available discounts to veterans to become franchise business owners
- Assigned Business Coaches and ongoing training in business, product knowledge, installation and sales
Budget Blinds is the #1 window coverings franchise in the nation. You consult with homeowners and businesses to provide expert advice, quality products, and superior customer service for all types of window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades, drapes and more. Our exclusive collections like Signature Series® and Inspired Drapes offer products not available anywhere else.
Tailored Living is the largest home organization franchise in North America, offering some of today’s most highly sought-after services such as custom closet organization systems, home office designs, entry way and mudrooms, laundry rooms, pantries and more for the home. Additionally, complete garage design with garage storage cabinets and industrial-strength custom garage flooring.
Concrete Craft is the world’s only decorative concrete franchise, using proprietary products and techniques to turn ordinary concrete into works of art with stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete. Give new life to flooring, driveways, walkways, patios and decks for both residential and commercial consumers.
When it’s time to take the step of starting your own business, consider the benefits of a home-based franchise opportunity with one of the three thriving home renovation brands of HFC. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts to investigate the possibilities. Let 2016 be the year you take control of your financial destiny!
If you’re a veteran, HFC has special programs to assist you with becoming an independent franchise business owner. Click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands support veterans.