Have you been languishing at your job, dreaming of the day you can break out and start your own business? Well, maybe it’s time! But horror stories abound of new startup businesses that fail and, it’s very true, you need more than a good idea and enthusiasm to build a thriving business. Running a small business has many crucial pieces and failure or ignorance of any piece can spell doom.
Reportedly, 90 percent of new businesses fail (Forbes.com). If you’re considering starting a business to live the dream of being your own boss, take a look at some of the reasons that new startups fail:
- Ineffective business model
- Insufficient capital, unrealistic business plan
- No clearly defined target market
- No real differentiation in the marketplace
- Inadequate leadership, bad decisions
- No online presence through a website and social media
- No training or support in some crucial areas of business
- Bad location
That’s a lot to think about. When you start a business, especially if you’re “it,” you need to be proficient in every facet of business, including marketing, sales, product, financials, facility management, social media, advertising, hiring, and more. That’s a lot for one person.
But there is a great alternative to doing it all yourself.
A proven, established franchise network can alleviate many of the pitfalls of starting a business from scratch and get you on the fast track to career fulfillment and financial security.
Home Franchise Concepts offers time-tested franchise opportunities
Celebrating our 25th anniversary this year, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) has over 1,300 independent franchise owners throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Every month brings new franchisees into the system as Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft® continue to grow, making HFC one of the world’s largest franchise businesses as well as the top-selling family of direct-to-consumer brands in the home-related goods and services space.
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, for residential and commercial. Our new, exclusive Inspired CollectionTM offers natural shades, fabric blinds, custom drapery and luxurious bedding you can’t get anywhere else.
- Tailored Living –200+ franchised territories make TL the largest home organization franchise in North America. Independent franchise business owners help homeowners and businesses de-clutter and de-stress with custom storage solutions for closets, offices, pantries, laundry rooms, garages and more, as well as offering industry-tough PremierOne® flooring options.
- Concrete Craft – HFC’s newest brand, on target to double in size this year, provides custom decorative concrete overlays, including stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes. Walkways, driveways, pool decks, patios, entryways and even vertical surfaces are changed from ordinary to extraordinary.
HFC’s unique business model ensures that each brand provides a solid foundation for building a successful business. With an HFC franchise business, whether Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft, you have support in every way possible.
In the beginning:
- Low initial fees with low overhead
- Substantial discounts for qualified veterans
- Two-weeks of intensive new owner training encompassing all business practices, product education and installations
- Extensive Operations Manuals covering core curriculum
- A strong Franchise Support Department with Business Specialists and Coaches
- Nationally-known brands with good reputations for quality and service
- Neighboring franchisees support each other–help is just a phone call away
- Flat royalty and marketing fees so you keep more of what you make
- In-depth online training, educational videos and cutting-edge technology
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools, including , TV, radio and print
- Extensive social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram
- Vendor Alliance online webinars and regional training opportunities are facilitated by vendor reps for exemplary product knowledge
- Corporate email communications, weekly and quarterly, with news, reminders and training tips
- Annual Conventions packed full of information, training and networking
So if you are serious about owing your own business and want to join forces with a company that is really going places, you owe it to yourself to look into franchise ownership in the HFC family of brands. You’ll definitely be your own boss as an independent franchise business owner, but you certainly won’t have to run your business alone. HFC is dedicated to seeing that every franchise owner has what they need to be successful. You’ll be part of a nationwide network of individuals, like yourself, dedicated to excellence in business, proficiency, great customer service and … growth. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today to determine if franchising with HFC is the career step to make your dreams come true.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how the HFC family of brands assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners.
For more secrets of HFC’s success, watch our CEO, Shirin Behzadi, as she’s interviewed by Mark Lack of Business Rockstars and learn more about the heart and soul of Home Franchise Concepts to see if you belong.