The holiday season has arrived with the hustle and bustle of shopping, stringing lights and trimming trees, visitors dropping by, big family dinners, wintertime activities, and more. How many activities are you able to participate in and how many are you missing because of work? Is getting vacation time around the holidays a near impossibility?
There’s no denying that work is a big and important part of life but as a very wise (and funny) man once said: “You should not confuse your career with your life.” ― Dave Barry
Achieve a work/life balance that lets you enjoy life
When you work 40…50…60 hours a week, it can feel like that is all you do. Work, eat, sleep, and repeat. Working for someone else means they call the shots, having more control than may be comfortable for you over your time and schedule. One way out of that conundrum is to be your own boss as an independent franchise business owner. Before you shake your head and say, “That’s not really for me,” think ahead to the next couple of months. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the flexibility to:
- Go to the kids’ programs at school or church
- Visit Santa at the mall and get some priceless pictures
- Help decorate the house with the rest of the family
- Take an afternoon to shop at the mall
- Bake cookies or make a gingerbread house
- Catch all the blockbuster movies
- Marathon-watch all the sports on TV
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or pet adoption event
- Ski and snowboard the fresh powder before it turns into slush
When you work for yourself as a franchise business owner, you can work around all the important activities so that you won’t miss all the holiday fun. You’ll still work hard building your business, but it can be on your own terms, controlling how you work and how much you work. You can count on regular vacations and time to enjoy the holidays with your family.
Franchise brands you can trust
With 27 years in the franchising business, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is one of the world’s largest franchise companies with four award-winning brands in the home improvement goods and services industry. Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean® are direct-to-consumer brands that offer products and services to enhance and enrich people’s lives.
- Budget Blinds — High-quality custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, for residential and commercial, including motorization and smart home technology. Solutions-based products without sacrificing style and beauty.
- Tailored Living — Help homeowners and businesses de-clutter and de-stress with custom storage and organization solutions for closets, offices, garages, and more, including industry-tough PremierOne® and PremierTrax flooring options. The one-stop-shop for whole-home organization.
- Concrete Craft — Concrete transformations from repair and restoration of damaged concrete to decorative concrete overlays and vertical concrete resurfacing, including stained, stamped, and resurfaced concrete for indoor and outdoor surfaces for residential and commercial customers.
- AdvantaClean — Help people when disaster strikes by providing water and mold remediation services to restore homes and businesses to safe environments. Build a solid customer base on scheduled services for mold remediation, water damage restoration, moisture control, and HVAC cleaning.
Each HFC brand is a time-tested, proven business model with low initial fees and discounts for qualifying Veterans. A franchise business with HFC offers freedom to create a work/life balance that lets you enjoy life while building a secure financial future for your family.
- Low overhead and minimal inventory
- No experience necessary; comprehensive and on-going training
- Scale your business with one or more territories
- Set your work hours to what works best for you
- Select and train the team of people you work with
- Create a family business; work with your spouse, children, or other family members
- Work from home or set up a showroom
- Flat marketing fees let you keep more of what you make
- National exposure gives strong brand recognition and greater marketing support
- Both residential and commercial revenue streams
If your job is keeping you from enjoying the holidays year after year, maybe it’s time to consider a change to a career that has more flexibility for a better work/life/holiday balance! As an independent franchise business owner, you’d be able to schedule time off for things that are important during the holidays and all year long. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today to learn more about the benefits of owning a franchise business and how to get started on an exciting, new career path. Click the links below for a closer look at each brand.