If your response to that question is, “Nobody really likes their job,” you must be part of the 49% of Americans that are less than satisfied with their work situation. A recent survey in 2018 revealed, with glee, that a majority of Americans are actually satisfied with their jobs. (ConferenceBoard.org) However, that was a majority of 51%—a very scant majority in actuality—leaving almost half of American workers dissatisfied.
So, what are the options?
- Find another job and work for someone new
- Stay put and hope for change
- Be your own boss by becoming a franchise business owner
There are no guarantees when you work for someone else. They have the power over what you do, what you can make, your benefits, and job security. Owning a franchise business is one way to take charge of your destiny and, with Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), you’re backed by one of the largest franchise companies in North America.
How to franchise ownership combats job dissatisfaction
There are myriad reasons why people become dissatisfied at work. Here are some common reasons why a job could lead to dissatisfaction if expectations or needs are not met:
- Amount of money you earn
- Job security or chances for promotion
- Amount of vacation time you receive
- Retirement plan employer offers (or doesn’t offer)
- Health insurance benefits available
- Amount of work expected from you; on-the-job stress
- Recognition you receive for work accomplishments
- Relationships with bosses, supervisors, or co-workers
- Flexibility of work hours
In contrast, as a franchise owner, you have control. If you’re craving real change in your work situation, being your own boss will let you chart your own course to success.
Choose a franchise dedicated to your success
For over 25 years, the HFC family of brands has been growing and continually adding new franchise owners and franchise brands so that, now, HFC has over 1,800 franchise territories in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, across its four award-winning brands.
- Budget Blinds® – is the largest window coverings franchise in North America, offering custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for residential and commercial customers. Exclusive product lines, smart home automation, and home décor accessories like rugs and custom bedding keep Budget Blinds ahead of the competition.
- Tailored Living® – provides whole-home organization and innovative storage solutions for home or business at the right price for every budget. Our best quality closet organization systems, garage storage cabinets, and industrial-strength PremierOne® garage flooring options make Tailored Living the largest home organization franchise in North America.
- Concrete Craft® – is the only decorative concrete franchise offering concrete repair and restoration along with concrete overlays and custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces. Transform interior floors, patios, driveways, walkways, pool decks, and vertical surfaces like fireplaces and accent walls with concrete
- AdvantaClean® — one of the leading national franchised providers of Restoration Services, including mold removal and remediation, water damage restoration, Radon testing or mitigation, and air duct cleaning. A recession-proof business that helps homeowners and business owners find permanent solutions to water damage, mold growth, and poor indoor air quality for healthier living.
Our franchise owners speak out:
“The appeal of being my own boss did play into the decision-making process, and as I did more research, I discovered that Budget Blinds lined up well with my background. I like the whole package. I like the people I work with. I work hard but I get a huge benefit, I can choose my own financial and time-off goals. I like feeling and being successful. I know the business model works. I’m thrilled with Budget Blinds. My goal is to make it into the Million Dollar Club every year.” –Scott Kewley, Budget Blinds serving Southwest Colorado Springs
“I like being a small business, but with the support of a much larger corporation, including a professional team who specializes in marketing, sales, admin, and operations. Their goal is to help us become the most successful business we can be.” –Chris and Jackie Poehlman, Tailored Living serving Orange County
“I had a misconception that a franchise was not financially feasible for me, but I quickly learned that there are multiple options that people have with franchising. Of three franchise business opportunities presented to me, one was Concrete Craft. Once my wife and I went to Concrete Craft’s Discovery Day and saw what you could do with concrete, we were 100% sure that my next career was going to be with Concrete Craft.” —Chuck Yates, Concrete Craft Serving Knoxville
“I was a mechanical engineer in the oil and gas industry for about eight years before I joined AdvantaClean. The routine of a corporate job was not a good fit for me. I wanted something where my efforts and sacrifices would go toward building my own future. That’s why I chose AdvantaClean.” — Axzel Sequera, co-owner, AdvantaClean of Houston, Texas
It costs nothing to check out a franchising opportunity with HFC
If your current job situation isn’t giving you what you need and want, franchise business ownership within the HFC family of brands can put you on the path to controlling your work life and financial future. Don’t hesitate to find out more if becoming your own boss by owning a franchise is sounding better and better. Call 1-800-420-5374 today to talk to one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors or go online to Home Franchise Concepts to learn more about becoming an independent franchise business owner and discover which of our brands is the right fit for you.