In the U.S., it’s Veterans’ Day and in Canada, Remembrance Day. People in the United States and Canada take special time every November 11 to honor their country’s military heroes and Veterans, acknowledging the unpayable debt to all those, past and present, who serve in the Armed Forces.
Celebrations abound in private homes, throughout local communities and on the national stage with speeches, parades, barbeques and firework displays. It’s a bittersweet time, mindful of the service and sacrifices of our military at home and abroad, while at the same time celebrating the way of life we enjoy because of those sacrifices.
Honors veterans every day with business opportunities
Honoring veterans is a core value of Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), parent company to three franchise brands: Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. Shirin Behzadi, Chief Executive Officer, shares the veteran support legacy: “At HFC, we share a strong commitment to supporting veterans who have served our country. Many of our franchisees across the country are veterans or have personal connections to the U.S. Armed Forces, so we feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to give back to these true American heroes when and where we can.”
An important way we honor veterans is by offering substantial discounts to qualified veterans who purchase a franchise business with any of the three HFC franchise brands. Going beyond mere words of thank you, a discounted low-cost, home-based franchise helps a veteran build a secure financial future through independent business ownership of a company that is scalable to the way they live and the specific needs of their family.
“At Home Franchise Concepts, we strive to empower people by helping to put them in business for themselves. Our first step is to provide significant financial incentives to empower Veterans to take the next step as an entrepreneur. And, we stay with them, offering business support, ongoing training and the tools they will need to be successful.” – Shirin Behzadi
Supporting community service programs to honor veterans
In Canada, the partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada (WWC) focuses on supporting Canada’s ill and injured Canadian Armed Forces members, veterans and their families. The mission of Wounded Warriors Canada, to Honour the Fallen, Help the Living, is realized through supporting and funding programs and services that physically and emotionally assist and support veterans who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other casualties of war. HFC and Budget Blinds have made two $15,000 donations to WWC in the past two years and Canadian franchise owners raise awareness of the ministry with consumers through participating in local events and during in-home sales consultations.
In the U.S., both Budget Blinds and Tailored Living have been involved with efforts to reach out to veterans and their families through home renovations.
- Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) builds specially adapted, mortgage-free homes for severely wounded veterans who have suffered catastrophic injuries, post -9/11, helping these veterans and their families focus on recovery and rebuilding their lives. To date, two annual donations of $50,000 have been made and window blinds have been installed in almost 70 homes across the country by local Budget Blinds franchise owners as part of a three-year, $1 million commitment.
- In 2013, Budget Blinds and Tailored Living joined with NBC’s hit home renovation series, George to the Rescue, to provide new window coverings and custom storage solutions for retired military veterans.
- Staff Sergeant Sandra Lee, retired after eight years of active duty, having survived four roadside bombings in Iraq. Faux wood blinds and custom storage solutions created a safer, more comfortable home environment for Lee.
- Marine Corps Corporal Sherman Watson, after three deployments to Iraq, three separate injuries and three Purple Hearts, honorably retired from the service. Tailored Living installed custom garage storage cabinets and flooring, converting Watson’s garage into functional living space.
- This year, Budget Blinds partnered with Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover airing on Lifetime® Television, to provide custom window coverings for four families of deserving veterans by year end. Completed so far: the Parkes family, the Kyle family, and the Adams family.
Don’t forget to thank a veteran for all the freedom you enjoy on Veteran’s Day and every day! At HFC, our motto is “never forget,” and we strive to continually honor and support armed forces veterans in both the U.S. and Canada in tangible ways to help make their lives better.
If owning your own business is a career and life freedom you would like to enjoy, go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and begin investigating the business of franchising and see if a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise opportunity is the proper fit for you.
To find out more about franchise business opportunities for Veterans, go to Home Franchise Concepts/Veterans.