- All three brands offer substantial discounts to assist Veterans with purchasing a franchise business.
- In 2017, HFC’s 25th Anniversary celebration includes a new Veteran initiative, HFC’s There’s No Place Like Home – Veteran Partnership and Giveaway, awarding an HFC franchise business of choice to one selected U.S. or Canadian Veteran on Veteran’s Day, November 11.
- In Canada, our partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada (WWC) supports Canada’s ill and injured Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families.
- Budget Blinds and Tailored Living have participated in multiple home renovations for Veterans with Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover airing on Lifetime® Television as well as NBC’s George to the Rescue.
- The Budget Blinds’ three-year partnership as a corporate sponsor with Homes for Our Troops (HFOT), a non-profit organization that builds mortgage-free, specially adapted homes for post-9/11 severely injured Veterans, has enabled Budget Blinds to have an impact on many Veterans’ lives across the nation.
To date, during this partnership, Budget Blinds has placed faux wood blinds in over 70 homes that HFOT has built. Blinds are donated by our manufacturing partner, Springs Window Fashions®, and measured and installed by the local Budget Blinds independent franchise owners who donate their time and expertise. July was a red-letter month for HFOT and Budget Blinds as four new homes were awarded to Veterans in four different states.
ABC’s live talk show, The View, filmed one of the July home presentations, the Key Ceremony of Navy P02 Timothy Birckhead in New Jersey. Approximately three million viewers were introduced to the mission of Homes for Our Troops–Building Homes and Rebuilding Lives. Show hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Paula Faris with Carter Oosterhouse, lifestyle expert of ABC’s Great Christmas Light Fight, walked the cameras through the home and showed all the special adaptations that create a barrier-free home for P02 Birckhead, helping to restore his independence. Budget Blinds’ private label Signature Series® blinds were evident in every room, including three blinds with special voice-activated motorization.
Read more about this home presentation and see a fun highlights clip with a surprise guest appearance by clicking here.
HFC is committed to Veteran support
HFC is recognized within the franchising and military communities as extremely veteran-friendly, based on the financial discounts and corporate policies that empower veterans to become successful business owners. Shirin Behzadi, CEO of Home Franchise Concepts, shares: “At HFC, we share a strong commitment to supporting veterans who have served our country. Many of our franchisees across the country are veterans or have personal connections to the U.S. Armed Forces, so we feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to give back to these true American heroes when and where we can.”
If you are a veteran, click here to learn how the HFC family of brands could assist you with becoming an independent franchise business owner. You’ll become part of a nationwide network of individuals, like yourself, dedicated to growing successful businesses, taking control of their financial futures and supporting fellow Veterans along the way. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today to learn more about franchise business ownership with HFC.
To learn more about the Budget Blinds/Homes for Our Troops partnership go to We Proudly Support Our Troops.