Depending on who you listen to:
- Millennials are the job market’s biggest losers (Fortune Finance)
- Millennials actually have it better in the job market than Gen Xers (Quartz Media)
Regardless of the spin that gets put on job market reporting, college graduates and Millennials have a tough time getting a substantial job right out of school. With or without a college degree, many end up settling for “McJobs,” also known as low-pay, low-prestige, low-benefit, no-future jobs in the service industry.
That can be pretty discouraging and may make that framed sheepskin on the wall seem like a waste of time and money, since student loan repayment commences six months after graduation or leaving college, and with no viable income it can be a real challenge to meet those payments.
Finding that first job is a rite of passage into adulthood after high school graduation. Long before the term Millennials was coined, young people have always asked the same question: What course of action do I take to have a successful life?
- Go to college for years to earn a degree
- Try a trade school that can open employment doors quicker than college
- Work in the family business
- Start my own business
- Buy a franchise and be my own boss
Franchising can be the answer to career fulfillment
A franchise business isn’t a guarantee of financial success, but it offers a pathway to success. You add the passion and energy to make it happen. Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is home to three franchise opportunities with proven business models that have launched 1,300 successful franchise businesses across the U.S. and Canada. As part of the multi-billion dollar home improvement/home services industry, you can be your own boss as an independent business owner with HFC, selling in-demand products and services that will never go out of style.
Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters, decorative window film and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial, including motorized window treatments and eco-friendly products
Tailored Living® – whole home custom organization solutions like closet organization systems, home office design, pantry and laundry room storage, garage storage cabinets, and industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business
Concrete Craft® – custom decorative concrete overlays, including staining, stamping and resurfacing indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes, such as walkways, driveways, patios and vertical surfaces like fireplaces, retaining walls and home siding, to resemble real stone
In a recent podcast, The Formula for a Successful Career in Franchising, HFC CEO, Shirin Behzadi, was interviewed by Deirdre Breckenridge of Women Worldwide. The subject of Millennials and franchising was posed to Shirin. She shared how franchising appeals to the Millennial career goals of “growth opportunities, great managers, and jobs well-suited for their talents and interests.” –Harvard Business Review (What Millennials Want from a New Job)
- Millennials are entering the HFC franchising system on their own
- After 25 years in business, we have multi-generational ownership of our franchise systems, from initial owner (now) grandparents to Millennials and their parents as well, three generations in business together
- We stay on trend with new products which appeals to Millennials
- The flexibility and scalability allow ownership of your own destiny
Not every successful entrepreneur has a college degree
While a college degree is laudable, a degree is not a guarantee of success. We’ve all heard the stories of wildly successful people who never graduated college, and some are actually true.
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, graduated high school, but dropped out of college
- Richard Branson, founder of the multi-billion dollar Virgin empire, left high school at 16
- Rachael Ray, cooking show TV star, author and businesswoman, never attended college
- Of the five co-founders of Budget Blinds, now the largest window coverings franchise in North America, three never graduated college
If you like to think outside the box or don’t necessarily like the confines of a classroom, you’re not alone. Consider these words of encouragement: “A driven personality always finds a way. An education can either be a stepping stone or a road block on the path to achievement. If education proves to be an obstacle, those with an entrepreneurial spirit will push it aside and go their own chosen route.” –Entrepreneur.com
Be your own boss
Home Franchise Concepts is dedicated to ensuring that every franchise owner is as successful as he or she wants to be. As an independent owner or with partners, you can build a business to meet your personal and financial goals with no earnings ceilings and no changing jobs every few months to get a “better deal.”
Franchising with HFC may be the correct career path for you. With over 20 years in the franchising world, HFC and its family of brands have refined the business models to ensure the greatest potential for success.
- Low initial fees, low overhead
- In-depth training and ongoing support from a dedicated team of Business Coaches
- High-quality products, surpassing the competition in pricing and versatility through strong vendor alliance programs
- Nationally-known brands with good reputations for quality and service
- Flat royalty and marketing fees
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools
- Extensive social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram, as well as TV, radio and print
- Discounts for qualified veterans
Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and learn how franchising can help you build a secure financial future with a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise business opportunity.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners, including substantial discounts to purchase a franchise.