If the events of 2020 have, willingly or unwillingly, put you on a new career path, this bright new year may be the perfect time to move from employee status to franchise business ownership for a more secure financial future. The pervasive attitude in the franchising industry is that 2021 may be THE year for franchising and right now provides tremendous opportunity for entrepreneurs and mid-career professionals looking to leverage their skills and take charge of their own destinies.
What the experts are saying
Franchise Business Review (FBR) is one of the most-trusted voices in the franchising community. Since 2005, FBR has been the leading market research firm in the franchise industry specializing in franchisee satisfaction and performance rankings, bringing transparency to the franchise industry. Their perspective of the current franchising landscape is an important and reliable one and supports the idea that franchising is alive and well going into 2021. “Franchising has historically done very well under most economic conditions. During boom periods, the fear of missing out on a great opportunity fuels strong franchise growth. During a downturn on the other hand, lack of employment opportunities or fear of job loss drives many people to explore franchise ownership.” –Eric Stites, CEO and managing director, FBR
Business leaders and franchise experts agree that the franchise business model is a solid career opportunity for anyone wanting to start a business:
- “The franchising industry is experienced and resilient; technology has given us new ways to do business; individual franchisees can build their businesses from home; and we’re expecting an influx of young entrepreneurs to step onto the franchising scene.” (AmericasBestFranchises.com)
- “Even with the problems and struggles associated with Covid-19, and the ups and downs we all are facing going into 2021, franchising may still pose a great business to pursue, offering many more benefits to new business owners during tough times than any other entrepreneurial option.” (Forbes.com)
- “Funding for franchise buyers is available at historically attractive interest rates. We can expect that the lending incentives for small business … will continue during the coming months.” (Entrepreneur.com)
- “The future is bright for franchising, and 2021 will be a significant year for growth. Franchises quickly adapted to the new normal. Meetings and training went virtual; technology has kept the industry moving and will make it stronger for years to come.” (Don Daszkowski, Founder, International Franchise Professionals Group)
The living proof: Home Franchise Concepts
Despite the unprecedented challenges of 2020, the Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) franchise family accomplished the nearly impossible by continuing to grow. Across all four brands—Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®—new franchise owners came onboard every month. CEO, Scott Barret, recently shared, “Our family of brands continues to remain strong and we are going to finish out 2020 with more franchise owners then pre-pandemic which is an amazing accomplishment.”
Additionally, a year-end acquisition of Kitchen Tune-Up added a fifth franchise brand to the continually expanding HFC family of home improvement/home services brands:
- Budget Blinds is the undisputed leader in the industry for blinds, shutters, shades, and custom drapery with solutions-based products for homeowners and business owners alike.
- Tailored Living offers whole home organization solutions, including custom designs for closets, pantries, laundry rooms, home offices, garage storage, and custom flooring.
- Concrete Craft offers concrete transformations from repair and restoration to decorative concrete resurfacing for interior floors, exterior concrete surfaces, and vertical walls.
- AdvantaClean is a leader in light environmental services for residential and commercial clients when disaster strikes, as well as preventative services for mold, water damage, moisture control, and HVAC cleaning.
- Kitchen Tune-Up specializes in affordable kitchen improvement services, including cabinetry refacing, repainting, redooring, and remodeling for countertops, backsplashes, and flooring.
No one can promise what 2021 will hold, but you can take charge of your future by becoming your own boss as an independent franchise business owner. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 and talk with one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors who will help you determine if franchising with HFC is the right career move for you. With over 27 years of producing successful franchise owners and steady growth, HFC has a proven track record you can trust. Everything is in place; all you have to add is you.
Happy New Year and best wishes for happiness, peace, and prosperity!