The world of franchising is often shrouded in myths and misconceptions that, if believed, can either drive someone away from franchising, or have them buy in for the wrong reasons. Widespread misconceptions about owning a franchise business include:
- Franchising is too expensive
- A franchisor exerts too much control over my business
- A franchise business takes care of itself; the brand name sells it
- I need a business degree or experience in the industry
- Once I buy in, I’m on my own
To set the record straight, all of the above are untrue! For an accurate insider look at the business of franchising, read on for “Franchising 101 with Home Franchise Concepts.”
Dedicated to your success
First and foremost, any franchisor worth consideration is dedicated to the success of its franchisees. Selling franchises is not the bottom line, growing prosperous franchise business owners is the key to a successful franchise network. Here are five essentials of a reliable franchise business opportunity:
- A proven business model that has already turned out successful franchisees.
- Complete training in every aspect of the business, including product knowledge, sales, marketing, and business management systems.
- Brand recognition and a good reputation in the marketplace.
- A sophisticated and comprehensive marketing program that drives brand awareness.
- A family of happy and successful franchisees–the best indicator of a franchise’s viability.
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is the parent company to three thriving home improvement/home services franchise brands that excel at all five essentials.
- Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial. With over 1,040 franchises in the U.S. and Canada, it’s the #1 window coverings franchise in the nation.
- Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® – custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business. 195 franchises make TL the largest home organization franchise in North America.
- Concrete Craft™ – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes, like walkways, driveways, decks, patios and vertical surfaces. Our newest brand with 10 franchises in the U.S., it’s the world’s only decorative concrete franchise.
With over 20 years in the franchising world, HFC and its family of brands have refined the business models to ensure the greatest potential for success for every franchise owner.
- Proven business models; franchising since 1994 with Budget Blinds, the flagship brand
- Low initial fees (with discounts for veterans)
- Home-based business, low overhead
- Flat royalty and marketing fees so you keep more of what you earn
- In-depth training and ongoing support with assigned Business Coaches
- Vendor alliance programs ensure high-quality products, surpassing the competition in pricing and versatility
- Strong national brands with good reputations
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools
- Extensive social media reach, including TV, radio and print
Your ultimate success depends on you
All of this support gives you a significant field to play on. With franchising, you do bypass the startup activities of product development, brand launch, market strategizing, vendor selection and setting up business systems. However, you still have to do the work to build a successful franchise business, and the rewards are so worth it!
- Freedom to live the lifestyle you dream of
- Job security and the ability to work as you choose
- You determine how much you want to make
Since a franchise is your own business, you have the freedom to structure it as you see fit, within the parameters of the franchising agreement. You can set your own hours, hire your own employees, and focus on what you love. If you love sales, hire installers and office admin. If you love the machinations of running a business, hire a sales team. You create the business you want the way you want it, on a rock-solid support network dedicated to your success!
Award-winning excellence with HFC
Another measure of a franchise’s excellence is industry recognition. All three HFC brands are award winners and qualified industry experts.
- Recently, Franchise Business Review again ranked Budget Blinds and Tailored Living as “Top Home Services Franchises for 2016,” based on their annual survey of franchisee satisfaction.
- Budget Blinds and Tailored Living products have been featured on national television shows, including Designing Spaces, Buying & Selling with the Property Brothers, Marc & Mandy Show in Canada, George to the Rescue, Property Brothers at Home, Love It or List It and Rev Run’s Renovation.
- Concrete Craft is often a featured expert on the radio show, TrustDALE.
- Budget Blinds and Tailored Living have been listed in Military Times™ Magazine “Best for Vets Franchises” rankings since 2014.
- Other awards and rankings include Houzz badges for Design, Service and Influencer, Canadian Franchise Association Franchisees’ Choice Designation, Franchise Times™ Top 200, Entrepreneur® and INC. 5000.
Never content to just rest on their assets, the HFC franchise brands continually introduce new products and services for more revenue streams. The Vendor Alliance programs are not static relationships, but continually evolving and innovating with new and exciting developments that keep Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft on the cutting edge of what’s trending in the industry. For example:
- Budget Blinds’ Inspired Collection, including Inspired Drapes® and Inspired Shades™ introduced new products in 2015 and 2016, as well as keeping pace with window covering automation advancements through motorization specialists Somfy® and Lutron
- Tailored Living introduced new industrial-strength PremierOne® garage floor coating styles in 2015, and in 2016 revealed a new line of Premier Garage Metal Cabinets
- Concrete Craft recently added resurfaced concrete vertical applications to their hand-crafted, custom services
If you are interested in starting your own business, one of the HFC family of brands may be the right career move for you. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see what franchising is really all about. Check out all three brands at Find a Fit, investigate veteran opportunities if you are a veteran, and begin a journey of discovery that could change your life.
“Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” –Peter Drucker