How’s your work/life balance? Do you start the work week refreshed and ready to take on the world or are you frantically revising to-do lists of what didn’t get done last week? Jobs can be severe taskmasters, especially ones that gobble up not only your waking hours but also your sleep and your weekends. Life is precariously out of balance when:
- You can’t unplug from work (emails, texts, and calls 24/7)
- Family and friends get bumped when work beckons, even on the weekends
- You never get enough sleep; optimal is seven hours a night for adults ages 18 to 60 (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Exhausted and “brain tired” is your new normal
- Even your personal time is stressful and unrewarding
Work is a big part of life and, hopefully, it’s positive, even beyond the paycheck. Self-respect, pride in a job well done, a feeling of accomplishment, and making a difference in the world can all be elements of work that brings satisfaction. But if intense, constant stress is a big part of the equation, it may be time for a change.
How to achieve your ideal work/life balance
One way to gain more control over your life is to gain control over your job. As an employee, you are at the mercy of the boss, so becoming your own boss puts you in the driver’s seat. Becoming an independent franchise business owner puts you in the position to set healthy work boundaries. You’ll still work hard, but working hard isn’t what upsets the balance, it’s the excessive hours and being out of control in other areas of your life due to work demands. As a franchise business owner, you actually can have control and work the way you want.
- Determine your work schedule, including weekends and holidays off.
- Follow a proven business plan; the road to success is already defined.
- Concentrate on the area of business you prefer such as sales, admin, or installations.
- Hand-pick your crew of employees; hire managers to help carry responsibilities.
- Grow the business to the size you want with one or multiple territories.
- Carve out time for family needs as they arise.
Choose a franchise opportunity that is right for you
The right franchise is an all-important consideration. You’ll want stability, support, and a proven track record of successful franchise owners. For over 27 years, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) has been offering franchise business opportunities to entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are ready to be proactive about attaining the work/life balance they need. Men, women, millennials, retirees, corporate-weary, military Veterans, and unfulfilled workers from all work sectors have all found satisfaction and success as a franchise business owner within HFC’s family of brands, including Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft® and AdvantaClean®.
- Budget Blinds – The largest window coverings franchise in North America, offering custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for residential and commercial customers, along with exclusive product lines, smart home automation, and home décor accessories like rugs and custom bedding.
- Tailored Living – Provides whole home organization and innovative storage solutions for home or business, including custom closet organization systems, garage storage cabinets and industrial-strength PremierOne® garage flooring options. Tailored Living is the largest home organization franchise in North America.
- Concrete Craft – The only decorative concrete franchise offering concrete overlays and custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor enhancement, as well as concrete repair and restoration. Transform interior floors, patios, driveways, walkways, pool decks, and vertical surfaces like fireplaces and accent walls with concrete
- AdvantaClean — A leading national franchised provider of Restoration Services, including mold removal and remediation, water damage restoration, Radon testing or mitigation, and air duct cleaning. Help homeowners and business owners find permanent solutions to water damage, mold growth, and poor indoor air quality for healthier living.
All are home-based businesses in the multi-billion-dollar home services/home improvement industry, with products and services that are in-demand and timeless, for both homeowners and commercial customers. With over 1,800 franchise territories across all four brands, HFC is one of the largest franchise companies in North America. Recently, the 2020 Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 annual ranking included all four brands.
Change your job and change your life
No life is stress-free. Normally, a little stress is a great motivator to get the job done, but too much stress is unhealthy and can cause more problems, including physical ailments and interpersonal relationship issues. If you feel guilty for working so much, are stretched too thin, and can’t enjoy personal time when you do get some, your work/life balance needs some serious adjustment. Work and life aren’t mutually exclusive, and a healthy work/life balance can mean the difference between positive productivity and stressful obligations on all fronts.
HFC is dedicated to helping every franchise business owner in the network realize their full potential for career satisfaction and personal fulfillment which often go hand in hand. If you need a better work/life balance, take that first step toward taking charge of your life and check out the many benefits of franchise ownership, particularly with HFC. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and speak with one of our franchise licensing advisors who will be more than happy to help. Let 2020 be the year you climb down from that precarious mountaintop and onto solid ground as an independent franchise business owner.