February is the month of love. Valentine’s Day, especially, is dedicated to showing love and affection to those we hold dear, including significant others, spouses, children and even our adoring pets. Last year it’s estimated that $18.2 billion was spent on long stemmed roses, plants and mixed bouquets, candy, cards, dining out, jewelry, clothing and gift cards.
But not every love requires a gift; sometimes speaking words of love is enough. In fact, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is delighted to get words of love and appreciation from our franchise owners. It means our systems and processes are working to enable the growth and expansion of successful franchise businesses across the country for all three of our franchise brands: Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®.
This Valentine’s Day, we’ll let our franchisees do the talking about why they love their businesses and why you might want to consider franchise ownership with HFC as your next career move.
One: Flexibility and work/life balance
At the top of everyone’s list is being able to take charge of your own time and work schedules. Our home-based business models are extremely family-friendly, letting you better manage your life.
- “I really like being a Budget Blinds franchise owner because we have a lot of freedom to take care of our family, travel, and do the things that we need to do. It gives us opportunity to relate to our community and help people solve problems with their homes.” – Dale and Cheryl Zahniser, Budget Blinds serving Montrose, Telluride, CO
- “Love the flexibility. I don’t have to worry about asking a boss if I can have some time off. Having a large, known, recognizable brand is helpful. ” – Kevin and Jodi Duchesne, Tailored Living Serving Greater Edmonton Area, AB
- “16 years. A great way to raise a family. Complete flexibility in our schedules.” — Kevin Wahlberg, Budget Blinds Serving Santa Barbara, CA
Two: Support and training
You’re never alone with a problem or a question. Training never stops and dedicated support teams are available for every area of your business.
- “When I have questions there are very technical people who can help me with specific questions about installation or product parts. From the business standpoint, I definitely feel I have the backing and support in terms of how to grow my business.” — Todd and Juliana Carter, Tailored Living of Northern Virginia
- “I dreamed of owning my own business, but had no idea how to start a business. Once I went to Concrete Craft’s Discovery Day and saw what you could do with concrete, I was 100% sure that my next career was going to be with Concrete Craft.” — Chuck Yates, Concrete Craft Serving Knoxville.
- “I like being a small business, but with the support of a much larger organization, including a professional team who specializes in marketing, sales, admin and operations. Their goal is to help us become the most successful businesses we can be.” –Chris and Jackie Poehlman, Tailored Living Serving Orange County, CA
- “You’ve got a lot of support. They’re always trying to find a way to make it easier on the Franchise Owners. Basically, any way they can help to produce revenue and business, they’re on it.” –Fred Mata, Concrete Craft, Dallas, TX
Three: Be in charge of your destiny
No more worries about layoffs, corporate restructures or incompatibility with bosses or co-workers. You build your business the way you want, with the team you want.
- “I love the whole package, I like the people I work with; I work hard but get a huge benefit; have a great team; can chose financial and time off goals; like feeling and being successful.” — Scott Kewley, Budget Blinds Serving Southwest Colorado Springs, CO
- “I wanted to control my life and my future and what was going to happen.” –Tim Woollen, Tailored Living Serving Madison, WI
- “I get to make my own hours, have my own work/life balance, and I get to be as successful as I want to be. At the end of the day, the royalty fees are flat so the more you put the right things into the business, the more you’re going to get out and the more you’re going to be driving back to the bottom line.” — Karen Pemberton, Budget Blinds Serving Southeast Toronto
- “For over nine years Budget Blinds has offered a great income and flexibility, it’s been a great business, the whole family is in the game and we thoroughly enjoy it.” — Jeana and Richard Pope, Budget Blinds Serving Billings, MT
Four: Veteran-friendly franchise opportunities
HFC and its family of brands offers substantial discounts to qualified Veterans interested in becoming franchise owners. We believe that military training is a great training ground for business ownership.
- “They’ve always been a very veteran-friendly franchise. They really helped me get started with the business. You gain a lot of skills from military service, and a lot of those translate to running a business.” –Gary Zimmerman, Budget Blinds Serving Westford, MA,
- “I joined Concrete Craft in order to join a company with strong growth potential and a backbone to support it. My twelve years in the Navy provided me with organizational skills to be able to take my franchise and grow it beyond my best estimates.” Patrick Godfrey, Concrete Craft Serving Charlotte, NC
- “You have so much responsibility in the military; it’s really nice to be just responsible for yourself. I love it. I love being my own boss. I love the service we’re providing.” –Ed Burns, Budget Blinds serving Costa Mesa, CA
- “The company structure was compatible with my hands-on attitude and because I enjoy working with people to achieve goals. I’ve been able to carry over the work ethic I gained in the military and incorporate it into my day-to-day business activities.” — Derek Harris, Tailored Living Serving Littleton, CO
- Click here to learn about substantial discounts for qualified Veterans.
If you’re looking for a job you can love, being your own boss as an independent franchise business owner may be the answer. Call 1-800-420-5374 or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see if franchise ownership is what you’ve been looking for to achieve career satisfaction and financial security. Check out all three brands to see which one is the right fit for you, and start talking with one of our franchise licensing advisors today!