If you’ve decided to make the move to franchise business ownership, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed at the 3,000+ different franchise opportunities out there. For a starting point, Joel Libava, The Franchise King®, shares The 5 Elements of a Successful Franchise that you should be looking for:
- Powerful business systems
- Serious brand power
- Powerful franchisee training
- Wealthy franchisees
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), parent company to four award-winning franchise brands in the home services/home improvement industry, Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft® and AdvantaClean®, just happens to excel at every point. Franchising for over 27 years, HFC has over 1,800 franchise locations across its four brands and is one of the largest franchise companies in North America. See how HFC measures up in each of the five areas mentioned above.
Powerful business systems
One of the biggest benefits of franchising is that you step into a business model with a proven track record of success. You don’t have to figure out what to sell, how to sell it, or who to sell it to. Incremental to all of that happening is having in place best business practices and systems for running your business. HFC continually monitors the business landscape to ensure that franchise owners have up-to-date and efficient programs across every phase of running a business:
- Customer records management.
- Sales and financial tracking and reporting.
- Vendor alliances for high-quality products and customer service.
- Technology to run your business.
- In-demand products and services to stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Coordinated national and local marketing efforts drive brand awareness to clearly-defined target markets.
Serious brand power
All of HFC’s franchise brands have positive brand recognition on a national scale with high customer satisfaction ratings. Independent franchise business owners don’t carry the burden of all their marketing. They can concentrate their efforts on local promotions, coordinated with national initiatives that are promoted in print, online, via radio and TV, keeping our products top of mind with consumers. A professional Home Office marketing team is dedicated to giving the brands maximum exposure across all platforms that have tested as most beneficial in reaching customers.
- Corporate websites are maintained for each brand to promote products and services and drive leads to individual franchise locations.
- The Home Office Marketing Team helps with local webpages and social media, including Facebook, Google My Business, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Fully-integrated digital marketing plans reach targeted consumers online and generate engagement.
- Local marketing tools, including digital assets and advertising templates are provided, designed to be customized to individual markets.
- Online product brochures and design guides provide an interactive experience for consumers.
- The synergy of multiple brands benefits everyone.
Innovation refers to creating more effective processes, products, and ideas. For a business, it could mean implementing new ideas, improving services or creating dynamic products. It can act as a catalyst that can make your business grow and can help you adapt in the marketplace. –The Startup, medium.com
HFC brands are not static. New products and processes are added every year, expanding our offerings to keep pace with trends, styles, and innovations in the industry. Our vendor alliance partners, as well, stay on the cutting edge with their products and services, ensuring that our franchise owners stay current, relevant, and competitive.
- Private label brands for products not available anywhere else such as Signature Series®, Inspired Collection®, and Smart Home Collection by Budget Blinds®.
- The go-to brand for innovation with motorized window treatments: Somfy®, MotorEaseTM by Budget Blinds, Lutron’s® wireless automation, and Sonos One whole-home surround sound.
- On target with the latest automated garage storage solutions and accessories to expand Smart Home capabilities to the garage.
- Proprietary 3D design software takes the guesswork out of designing custom spaces by creating a three-dimensional image of exactly how a project will look, helping clients say yes faster.
- Emphasis on certifications, training, and continuing education keep franchisees up to date on latest trends, industry developments, and standards.
- Technicians go beyond remediation services to educating consumers on how to keep their homes and businesses clean and safe.
- Offers more products and services then other decorative concrete companies, including repair and restoration, and vertical concrete resurfacing.
- Exclusive line of MasterProTM products, controlled from testing to production for superior products and processes that keep you out in front of the competition.
Powerful franchisee training
HFC knows that training is essential to any successful franchise endeavor and is dedicated to excellence in training, including product knowledge, business practices, marketing, and sales, including “hands-on” practical training for installations and performed services. Within the Home Office complex are a franchisee resource center, library, and state-of-the-art training, education and support facility. Training has a definite beginning with the two-week new owner intensive training but there is never an end for ongoing training, education, and mentoring.
- Comprehensive, new-owner training covers every facet of the business, including product knowledge, sales techniques, installation (if required), and running your business day to day.
- Support teams are a phone call away for questions about sales, product, marketing, business systems, customer care, and IT.
- Training continues for the duration of your franchise contract as products, markets, and customers evolve.
- On-going and advanced training keeps franchisee owners on the cutting edge, both for business systems to improve their business and product knowledge for new trends and styles.
Anyone who is in business is in business to make money. As a very credible franchisor, with HFC there are no caps on earnings; you can make as much as you’re willing to work for. This year’s annual convention saw 174 franchise owners inducted into the Million Dollar Club based on 2019 sales. Of that number, women franchise owners accounted for 10% of the Million Dollar Club. With a scalable business model, all the HFC brands can be one or multiple territories, allowing each franchise owner to grow a business to the size that they desire.
- Our franchisees come from all walks of life: first-time business owners, second-career entrepreneurs, seniors who resist retirement, military Veterans transitioning to civilian life, and single parents.
- Franchise ownership can get you on the road to profitability quicker than starting a business from scratch.
- You have a whole network of support to help you stay on track to meet your goals.
Now it’s up to you
Franchise ownership brings you into a business model that is proven over time as the pathway to success. You’re buying into a brand and taking advantage of the processes, materials, and support provided by your franchise that will make it easier for you to get your business off the ground. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 to speak with one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors who can answer your questions and assist you with determining if franchising is the right career move for you. For more encouragement check out All Four Home Franchise Concepts Brands Rank in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2020 Franchise 500® List.