This is a test:
- Can you list all your kids’ birthdates?
- Do you know the name of your daughter’s boyfriend?
- When is your wedding anniversary?
- Does the Chinese food delivery guy know your family’s favorite dishes and you don’t?
Maybe you are working too much and spending too little time at home.
Work should not be a guilt trip
In our culture, the term “workaholic” describes a person who is happiest working and works to excess, usually to the detriment of other areas of their life, like family and relationships. Many people choose to be workaholics, but lots of people are forced into that work mode just to survive. 50 to 60 work hours a week doesn’t leave much time for anything else, as eloquently explained by this online commenter:
“I have to leave the house at 6 a.m. I get home at 7 or 8 p.m. [and] I also work some Saturdays.
I have no social life, very little time to devote to hobbies or anything else. I am just getting by, and I’ve had some periods of unemployment. I think it is economic slavery. What are the options? None.”
Can you relate? No one argues that long work weeks lead to increased stress, playing out as mental and physical exhaustion. The old saying, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,” is very true. Stress also can increase the risk or severity of medical conditions like obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, depression, gastrointestinal problems and asthma. (webmed.com)
If you have to work so much that you feel guilty and it’s impacting your health and your family, there is another option to consider that would allow you to set boundaries on work and take charge of that elusive work/life balance we all strive for.
It’s the wonderful world of franchise ownership.
Be your own boss and determine your career destiny
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is a home services franchisor with three thriving franchise brands, Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. All three brands are award-winners in their space in the home improvement/home services industry.
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial—the largest window coverings franchise in North America
- Tailored Living – custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength PremierOne® and PremierTrax garage flooring options for home and business—the largest home organization franchise in North America
- Concrete Craft – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and vertical surfaces, including walkways, driveways, decks, patios and fireplaces—the only decorative concrete franchise available
With any of the HFC franchise brands, you can scale the business to your needs with one or multiple territories, hire your own hand-picked team of employees, control your schedule and have a healthy amount of time off for family, leisure and friends. If this sounds too good to be true, read on to see why HFC is so successful at turning out happy franchisees year after year.
A proven business model that works
Becoming a franchise business owner with a proven company reduces your risk and multiples your probability of success. All three HFC brands have proven business models that support over 1,200 successful franchisees across the U.S. and Canada.
- Each is a home-based business with low overhead
- The sales model is shop-at-home consumer convenience
- You have residential and commercial property revenue streams
- You receive extensive training and corporate support, no experience necessary
- It’s a low initial investment
- Each is a well-known, established brand with coordinated national and local advertising and lively social media
- Flat rate royalty fees let you keep more of what you earn
- HFC stays current with the best technologies to make our franchisees more productive
- We offer substantial discounts to veterans entering the franchising world
HFC is dedicated to helping every single franchise business owner realize their full potential. If you need a better work/life balance, take that first step toward taking charge of your life and creating a better future for you and your family. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and check out the benefits of owning a franchise business with HFC: Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners.
To learn more about HFC: Home Franchise Concepts Demystifies Franchising on Business Rockstars