Today, retirement doesn’t necessarily mean to stop working at 65 like it did decades ago. Retirement is considered more a second act, or a chance to make some life changes. Retirement runs the gamut from continuing to work because you can’t afford to retire to sitting on your assets and doing absolutely nothing!
Doing nothing is blissful for some, but many people come in somewhere in the middle and continue working after retirement, but on their own terms:
- Continue to work because they love their job and the social connections.
- Switch to a job to follow a heart’s passion, not the big paycheck.
- An opportunity to move into a new field to try something new.
- Leave the rat race and step down to just part-time or seasonal work.
- Work a little longer for a bigger retirement nest egg.
- A phased retirement, gradually cutting back on hours and increasing leisure time.
- More workers ages 50 and older are becoming self-employed, part-time or full-time, including as independent franchise business owners.
If you’ve ever dreamed of owning a business, your golden years may be the perfect time.
Be your own boss as a franchise owner
Age is not a barrier to business success. With years of experience and a network of connections, you’re far more prepared to launch a business than you might think. Drive and determination will more than make up for the energy of youth! One online commenter described senior entrepreneurs as, “dynamic economic engines, as they launch new businesses and create jobs, they’re revitalizing our economy.”
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) knows the value of mature franchise owners and readily welcomes them into our family of brands. With 25 years in business, HFC has over 1,400 franchise owners of all ages who build their businesses to suit their lifestyles and goals.
- Scale back from full time and choose my own hours
- Better work/life balance; more time with family
- Security of being my own boss
- No limits on how much I can earn
- Build a team of employees who share my values
- Build something substantial to pass on to my children
The right franchise provides a solid base to build a successful business
Buying into a flourishing franchise system means you already have a proven track to run on to build a successful business, and many of the start-up headaches are already taken care of. All three HFC franchise brands offer proven business models with concepts fully developed, target audiences identified and engaged, and best business practices in place.
Each business model offers these benefits and more:
- Low initial investment and low overhead
- Shop-at-home sales model for customer convenience
- No experience necessary, you receive extensive training and corporate support
- Well-known brands with coordinated national and local advertising
- Active social media on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
- Flat rate royalty fees let you keep more of what you make
- Competitive pricing on all products through Vendor Alliance programs
- Cutting edge technologies keep our franchisees more productive
- Exclusive territories with both residential and commercial revenue streams
- Substantial discounts to veterans desiring to become franchise business owners
Enduring brands you can count on
All three HFC brands are leaders in their categories in the home improvement/home services industry, a multi-billion-dollar industry that is steadily growing year by year. Homeowners and business owners appreciate the professionalism and on-trend products and services available from Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. You’ll be helping people every day to live happier and more comfortable lives with in-demand, problem-solving solutions.
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters, decorative window film and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, including motorized window treatments. Exclusive collections of luxury bedding, pillows and custom rugs offer upscale home décor.
- Tailored Living – whole home custom storage and organization solutions like closet organization systems, entertainment centers, pantry and laundry room design, garage storage cabinets, and industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business.
- Concrete Craft – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes, including patios, pool decks, walkways and driveways, as well as faux stone concrete resurfacing for vertical surfaces like fireplaces, retaining walls and seat walls.
If you’re reluctantly facing an eminent retirement, finding it difficult to get a new job if you’re over 50, or just planning ahead for a comfortable retirement, becoming an independent franchise business owner with HFC may be the career move that could change your world! Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see if franchising is right for you. Check out each of our three brands and see which one is the right choice for a brighter future.
Don’t retire until you’re ready! Take inspiration from Entreprenur.com and Felimina Rotundo – This 100-Year-Old Woman Works 11-Hour Days and Says She Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way