Sometimes in life it’s okay to take a risk, like a weekend in Vegas, trying a new ice cream flavor, or buying spandex workout gear. But when it’s really important and could have long-lasting results–such as buying a franchise business–you need to mitigate as much risk as you can. That’s a decision when rolling the dice and going with it is not an option!
Before you buy into any franchise opportunity, you need to know everything you can about it, including, but not limited to:
- The company and its history
- The business model
- Franchisees’ success
- Industry accreditations
If you’re considering entering the world of franchising by becoming an independent franchise business owner, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) has three award-winning franchise brands that you should definitely investigate: Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. Joining the HFC family of brands may be the best career move you can make!
History of Home Franchise Concepts
In 1992, five young entrepreneurs began what evolved into Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) when they started a company called Budget Blinds. The dream of bringing homeowners high-quality custom window coverings for every style and every budget became a reality. Now, 25 years later, Home Franchise Concepts is the world’s best-selling family of direct-to-consumer brands in the home-related goods and services space, having grown with two additional franchise brands along the way.
- Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial—the largest window coverings franchise in North America
- Tailored Living® – whole home custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength PremierOne® garage flooring options for home and business—the largest home organization franchise in North America
- Concrete Craft® – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and vertical surfaces, including walkways, driveways, decks, patios and fireplaces—the only decorative concrete franchise available
Looking to the future, CEO Shirin Behzadi shares the vision and energy that will propel HFC and its family of brands through the next 25 years: “We’re celebrating our 25th year by investing in the products, people and programs that will enable us to lead the franchised home services industry for the next 25 years. This year represents a time of celebrating our past successes and of thinking big for the future. We’re giving a whole new generation of would-be entrepreneurs the opportunity to own their future through business ownership.”
The business models
All three brands have proven business models based on the original business model that has been turning out successful franchise owners for 25 years. The business models are designed to ensure the greatest opportunity of business success for every franchise owner in the system.
- Low-cost, low-overhead
- Set your own hours and schedule
- Scalable business
- Solid training and on-going support
- Unlimited earning potential with flat marketing and royalty fees
- Strong national brands with good reputations
- High-quality products and strong Vendor Alliance for best pricing
- Select and train the team of people you want to work with
HFC’s steady growth is due to many factors, including staying on target and relevant with products and services that cater to consumer demands. Following industry trends and keeping up with the times insures our franchisees can meet any competition head-on and come out on top. Additionally, HFC keeps current with best business practices and industry technologies so our franchise owners can work smarter, not harder.
- “I really like being a Budget Blinds franchise owner because we have a lot of freedom to take care of our family, travel, and do the things that we need to do. It gives us opportunity to relate to our community and help people solve problems with their homes.” – Dale and Cheryl Zahniser, Budget Blinds serving Montrose, Telluride, CO
- “You’ve got a lot of support. They’re always trying to find a way to make it easier on the Franchise Owners. Basically, any way they can help to produce revenue and business, they’re on it.” –Fred Mata, Concrete Craft, Dallas, TX
- “When I have questions, there are very technical people who can help me with specific questions about installation or product parts. From the business standpoint, I definitely feel I have the backing and support in terms of how to grow my business.” — Todd and Juliana Carter, Tailored Living of Northern Virginia
Year after year, HFC’s franchise brands are recognized as leaders in the home improvement industry, by independent companies that monitor and “watch dog” the world of business and franchising, such as Entrepreneur, Franchise Business ReviewTM, Franchise Times®, Canadian Franchise Association®, VetFran, and Inc. 5000.
- Entrepreneur, for 2018, ranked Budget Blinds in five categories: Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, Top Franchises for Veterans, Fastest Growing Ranking, Top 200 Most Powerful Brands and Top 200 Global Ranking; and Tailored Living in two: Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, Top Franchises for Veterans. (Read more here.)
- For 13 years, Franchise Business Review (FBR) has been publishing an annual Best of the Best: Top 200 Franchises to help potential franchise buyers get a behind-the-scenes look at franchise opportunities. Budget Blinds and Tailored Living have both (again) been awarded spots in the Top 200 in 2018. In fact, Budget Blinds is a 10-year Hall of Fame member. (Read more here.)
- Military Times consistently awards HFC brands as Best For Vets Franchises.
- Houzz, the largest online home improvement site, has awarded all three brands for design, customer service, influencer and best of Houzz over the years.
If you’re ready for a dynamic career in franchising, the HFC family of brands may be the perfect answer for you. Step into a proven and respected franchise system with over 1,400 franchised territories in the U.S. and Canada. Call 1-800-420-5374 to speak with a Franchise Licensing Advisor or go online to Home Franchise Concepts to learn more about franchising with HFC. You can check out the individual brands and see which one is the best fit for you. If you’re a veteran, click here to learn about discounts for qualified veterans to become independent franchise business owners.