Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) has long been recognized within the franchise and military communities as extremely veteran-friendly, based on financial discounts and corporate policies that empower Veterans to become successful business owners. With four award-wining franchise brands in the home improvement/home services industry, HFC and its family of brands have, over the years, been designated as best for Vets by organizations including the Military TimesTM, VetFran, Franchise Business ReviewTM, Entrepreneur®, Inc. 5000, Canadian Franchise Association® and Franchise Times®.
So, if you’re a Veteran interested in being your own boss by starting a franchise business, HFC could be the solution. With over 25 years of franchising experience, HFC knows the value that military training can bring to the civilian workforce and recognizes that the training, discipline, and teamwork instilled in members of the U.S. and Canadian Armed Forces prepare every Veteran for a successful role as a franchise business owner. Our goal is to provide significant financial incentives to make a Veteran’s transition into the civilian workforce a smooth and successful one.
Build a business that impacts lives
Those who have served their country tend to carry a heart of service into civilian life as well and making a difference in people’s lives is a strong motivator when transitioning to a job or career outside the military. Meeting that desire to serve, along with figuring out how military training can transfer to the civilian sector, can be challenging. HFC can help by offering attractive discounts with each of its brands—Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, or AdvantaClean®—to attract qualified Veterans as franchise business owners. Additionally, all four franchise brands offer exceptional products and services designed to enhance the lives of their customers by solving problems through innovative solutions. It’s a win/win business opportunity that has the potential to build a secure financial future running your own business while helping others live happier lives.
- Budget Blinds is the undisputed leader in the industry for blinds, shutters, shades, and custom drapery with solutions-based products for privacy, light control, child safety, energy efficiency, motorization, and eco-friendly window coverings. Qualified Veterans receive a $15,000 discountoff the purchase price of a Budget Blinds franchise system.
- Tailored Living offers whole home organization solutions to help homeowners clear the clutter and live comfortably in all their space. Custom designs include closets, pantries, laundry rooms, home offices, garage storage, and industrial-strength garage flooring. Tailored Living gives qualified Veterans a 10% discount to buy a franchise.
- Concrete Craft offers concrete transformations from repair and restoration of damaged concrete to decorative concrete overlay resurfacing for interior floors, patios, driveways, entryways, courtyards, porches, pool decks, and vertical walls. Qualified Veterans receive a 10% discount off the purchase price of a Concrete Craft franchise business.
- AdvantaClean is a leader in light environmental services, helping people with water and mold remediation services when disaster strikes, as well as scheduled services for mold remediation, water damage restoration, moisture control, and HVAC cleaning. AdvantaClean offers a $5,000 discount off the territory fee for qualified Veterans.
Transferable skills translate to business success
Military service is actually an excellent training ground for a civilian career as an independent franchise business owner. The skills mastered and the lessons learned contribute to successful business ownership in many ways, and the attributes of service, dedication, loyalty, commitment, and resilience serve well in starting your own business. You may not have put a name to your strengths and the skills gained through military service, but working with many successful Veteran franchise business owners in the HFC family, we’ve been able to define those skills that specifically contribute to success when buying a franchise. See how your experiences line up with these attributes:
- Leadership Skills:Strong leadership skills are practically a given for someone exiting the service. After years of running day-to-day operations and hiring, training and managing staff, leading a team in business will be second nature.
- Respect for the System:Being able to work within a prescribed system and follow protocols is part of the military mindset, and this correlates to working within a proven franchise system. The business model is defined with a fail-safe support system in place, dedicated to your success.
- Teamwork:Teamwork is the hallmark of military life. In every endeavor, you are part of a team and relying on other teams. As a franchise owner, you rely on the support from Home Office teams, the entire network of franchisees, and your own hand-picked team of employees.
- Risk Taking: Fear isn’t your driver. You’re not afraid of the risk involved in starting your own business. With proper due diligence, you’re ready for the work and commitment required for success in your chosen franchise.
- Self-discipline:Since you are now the boss, the self-discipline you mastered in the military will keep you on track for business success. With a clear goal ahead and a “mission-first” mentality, you’ll be able to power through whatever comes your way.
- Time Management: When you own a business, managing your time wisely is important to getting done each day what needs to be done. Military training teaches time management skills that will help your franchise business to flourish.
Take charge of your future
Re-entering the civilian workforce after military service can be challenging. Insecurity of how learned skills will translate to the work world and/or not wanting to work for someone else are common issues for Veterans. Stepping into business ownership is a way to utilize all your experience and take charge of your future. HFC is committed to helping Veterans take that life-changing step and has awarded over $1 Million in discounts to Veterans who have joined our franchise family. Take control of your life and career today by joining one of the largest direct-to-consumer franchise companies in North America. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 to learn more about becoming an independent franchise business owner with HFC.
(Check out Military.com’s Military Skills Translator to translate your military experience and skills into civilian terminology.)