If you’re considering starting your own business, there are undoubtedly many questions flying around in your head about business ownership.
- Is my idea/product something that people would pay for?
- Is my target market large enough to sustain a profitable business?
- Who is my target market and how do I reach them?
- What is a viable business plan?
- Is my product or service still going to be relevant in five years?
These are all valid questions and unless you can answer them, you’re probably not in a good place to start a business. That famous line from the movie, Field of Dreams–“If you build it, they will come–is not always true in business. Recent percentages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveal that 20% of new small businesses fail in their first year, about 50% survive five years and only 30% survive 10 years in business. (fundera.com)
For something you’re ready to put your heart, soul and financial future into, those odds are pretty scary!
Franchising gives a solid base on which to build a business
An alternative to starting a business from scratch is to buy into an established franchise system. A lot of the work is already done, but you need to do thorough due diligence to be sure the offering is right for you. Franchise systems have important differences in structure, fees and business models, and you especially want to be sure the product offering is sustainable over the long haul. Trendy newcomers and faddish ideas can be short-lived in the marketing world.
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) just celebrated 25 years in business and is a franchise leader in the home improvement/home services industry with three dynamic brands: Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. The entire home improvement industry is growing stronger every year, including the categories of custom window coverings, whole home storage and organization, and decorative concrete for indoor and outdoor applications which our three brands represent.
- Combined retail sales of hard and soft window treatments are projected to reach $12 billion by 2021. (Sundale Industry Research)
- The home organization product market is projected to reach $10.3 billion in 2019. (Home Improvement Research Institute)
- Decorative concrete is a growing, in-demand $1 billion industry, with annual growth of three to five percent.
Our products will never go out of style
Each of the HFC brands is tried-and-true in the real world, with demonstrated staying power and viability. Across the brands, there are over 1,400 franchised territories from coast to coast providing products and services to residential homeowners and business owners. If you’re looking for an enduring business, a franchise opportunity with HFC may have exactly what you’re looking for.
Budget Blinds: custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters, decorative window film and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, including smart home motorization, designer pillows, bedding and rugs.
- Six out of seven window coverings sold are in established homes.
- The average homeowner changes their window coverings every three to five years, some even seasonally with soft window coverings.
- 75% of our customers purchase window coverings for more than one room, a rate 25% higher than the industry average of 50%.
- We offer solutions-based products, including privacy, light control, child-safe, energy-efficient, motorized, and eco-friendly window coverings.
- Our exclusive products and private label brands sold only through us beat out the competition.
Tailored Living: in-demand whole home organization and custom storage solutions like closet organization systems, pantry and laundry room design, home offices, entertainment centers, garage storage cabinets, and industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options.
- More and more homeowners are electing to have professionals manage their home improvement projects as opposed to doing it
- Custom closet organization systems are a huge selling point with home buyers, and builders are responding by including closet storage systems in new home plans.
- A growing number of consumers view home organization systems as a necessity where previously, they had perceived them as a luxury.
- Garages are often the largest space in a home and need organizational help.
- Tailored Living has experienced double-digit growth in sales for the past five years.
Concrete Craft: custom concrete overlays for stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete designs for home and business applications. Indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes like walkways, driveways and patios, including vertical concrete resurfacing for fireplaces, retaining walls, faux stone siding entryways and more.
A growing, in-demand market—homeowners want patios, pool decks, and outdoor living spaces to look as beautiful as the rest of their home.
- Concrete Craft is currently the only decorative concrete franchise in the nation.
- “Outdoor living” is a hot category for homeowners.
- Benefit from residential and commercial applications, including driveways, walkways, patios, pool decks, fireplaces, foyers, basements, offices, retail, restaurants, warehouses, and more.
- A residential and commercial client mix means a year-round workflow. Interior floors and inside vertical surfaces can be installed even when it’s too cold outside.
There’s no worries that the HFC franchise brands will ever go out of style, so if you’re looking for an enduring business that won’t let you down, call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts to learn more about starting your own franchise business with HFC. We’re happy to answer any questions you have and to help you determine if franchising is right for you and which of the HFC brands is the perfect fit. Start your search with: