Franchise ownership generally calls to mind small, independent businesses that cater to the general public for personal or home services. This includes such services as fast food, auto repair, beauty salons/spas, home and carpet cleaning, and yard maintenance, to name a few.
Maybe you like the idea of owning your own business but don’t especially like the idea of one-on-one or residential-type services. What if you’re an entrepreneur trapped for years in an employee body who craves freedom in the world of business interfacing and networking with other business owners?
Is there any hope for a commercial-focused franchise business owner?
With Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) the answer is a big yes! You can build a successful franchise business with a base of residential customers and a strong component for commercial business.
Franchising opportunities for commercial solutions
HFC is one of the largest direct-to-consumer franchises in North America and home to four dynamic franchise brands that cater to commercial businesses (B2B) as well as residential customers. The same exceptional products, high-quality service, and enduring value that have delighted homeowners for 25 years allow you to also provide benefits to businesses. Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean® are all scalable, low-cost franchise opportunities that offer great commercial potential:
- Energy efficiency, cost savings, and branding opportunities with the right window coverings. Child-safe features, motorization, and consistency between locations are additional benefits for commercial customers.
- Ergonomic comfort and space maximization through office organization and custom storage solutions, including closets, professional offices, work stations, warehouse storage, breakroom design, and more.
- Durable, custom decorative concrete flooring for interior spaces and exterior floors, including decks, patios, driveways, and walkways. Vertical concrete resurfacing can transform indoor and outdoor vertical walls and storefronts.
- Clean up and restoration from mold, moisture, flooding, and other disasters that need correction to restore the property to a safe and clean status, including air duct cleaning and radon detection.
Anyone with a building needs what the HFC brands offer, so building a dynamic B2B commercial business makes perfect sense. Businesses served include restaurants, schools, government facilities, offices, apartments, condos, retail, property management, hospitality, healthcare, and new construction. Commercial projects help you build in many ways:
- Historically higher ticket prices per job.
- Working with confirmed budgets for projects.
- Focused, needs-driven solutions as opposed to subjective.
- Start with an individual, local businesses and expand into larger chains.
- National programs for multiple locations across the country involve other franchisees.
- Vendor alliance programs empower your business with the best products at the best prices so your proposals will win bids.
Meet the brands
Budget Blinds’ branded BB Commercial Solutions gives you the platform to work with businesses large and small, offering innovative commercial window coverings that other companies cannot, along with cutting-edge motorization. From window film for storefront windows to graphic shades and opulent drapery in conference rooms and penthouse offices, you can create perfect solutions with blinds, shades, shutters, and drapes.
Tailored Living Commercial Solutions offers a variety of commercial cabinets and industrial-strength flooring solutions, including custom office cabinets, ergonomic work stations, commercial storage cabinets for warehouses and storerooms, exclusive PremierOne® garage floor epoxy coatings and PremierTrax interlocking floor tiles. Custom closet organization systems especially appeal to home builders and property managers.
Concrete Craft Commercial Solutions offers concrete repair and restoration, with custom overlays for stamped, stained and resurfaced concrete floors for reception areas, offices, restaurants, hotels…anywhere durability and low maintenance are important. Enhance interior floors, exterior walkways, patios, driveways, and courtyards. Proprietary products and processes give the authentic look of flagstone, cobblestone, brick, tile, and hardwood planks at a fraction of the cost of other materials.
AdvantaClean Commercial Services respects that most businesses have high safety standards to live up to and we can help maintain the integrity of any commercial property. Our highly-trained technicians handle mold detection, removal and prevention, water damage restoration, radon detection and mitigation, sewage removal, and air duct and air conditioning coil cleaning, on time and within budget.
A winning combination—residential and commercial
While commercial projects may be your end goal, you don’t want to overlook the residential side of the business. A mix of residential and commercial projects will give a broader base of operation to build a successful franchise business. If you, personally, want to focus only on commercial jobs, develop a team to handle residential jobs that would generate a solid revenue stream alongside your commercial efforts. Each would be a catalyst to the other and homeowners who are also business owners may invite you into their business, and vice versa.
So, don’t let soccer moms or indecisive homeowners keep you from starting your business-to-business franchise. Residential and commercial go hand in hand with any of the HFC brands, providing the franchise opportunity to build a vibrant business with products and services you can be proud of. Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and see how easy it is to become your own boss and build the business you want. Ask about special discounts for Veterans and financing options.