There’s a well-known saying in the franchise world, “You’re in business for yourself, but not by yourself.” It’s definitely one of the reasons that franchise business ownership is popular with individuals who prefer to be their own boss instead of working for someone else. It’s also one of the most substantial benefits of buying into an established franchise system instead of starting a business from scratch.
Someone’s got your back!
Three big benefits of franchise ownership
There are many benefits to becoming an independent franchise business owner instead of starting a business from scratch. There is so much that can go wrong with a new startup, especially for a first-time business owner. Before you take that step out into the great unknown, consider these three benefits of franchise ownership.
The proven business model: One of the biggest benefits of franchising is that you step into a business model with a proven track record of success. You don’t have to figure out what to sell, how to sell it, or who to sell it to.
- In-demand products and services are already identified.
- Target markets are defined.
- Effective marketing strategies are in place.
- A recognizable brand with a solid reputation already has an established, loyal customer base.
- Best business practices and systems for running your business are in place.
The advantage: You can focus on selling for an accelerated path to profitability instead of having to figure out all the ins and outs of building a business.
Training and support: Another benefit is the training and support a franchise owner receives from the franchisor. Their ultimate goal is successful franchisees, so making sure you have what you need to be successful is part of the overall franchise package.
- Comprehensive training across every facet of the business, including product knowledge, sales techniques, installation (if required), and running your business day to day.
- You can shift careers to a field where you don’t have previous experience because of the training you’ll receive.
- Support teams are a phone call away for questions about sales, product, marketing, business systems, customer care, and IT.
- Ongoing training continues for the duration of your franchise contract as products, markets, and customers evolve, continually monitored by the franchisor.
The advantage: You have “built-in mentors” from corporate leadership to fellow franchise owners who are willing to help and train you by sharing their personal experiences.
A firm foundation: The backing of an established franchise company is a benefit that has immeasurable value to your business. You’re not on your own to establish a presence in the marketplace; you become part of a company with widespread brand-name recognition.
- Provides opportunities and resources that would not be available as a small, independent business owner.
- You can plug into knowledge, experience, and industry secrets that you would otherwise have had to learn for yourself.
- Your business benefits from marketing reach on a national scale you’d never be able to accomplish on your own.
- The strength of the whole franchise network allows for advantageous pricing for products and services.
The advantage: You save money on products and services you need which helps your individual business to have a healthier bottom line.
Home Franchise Concepts may be calling you home
If franchising or being your own boss is something you’ve been thinking about, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) may be the place for you. Franchising for over 25 years, HFC has 1,800 franchise locations across its four home services brands, Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean®, making HFC one of the largest franchise companies in North America.
Our low-cost franchise models offer flexibility and benefits that make franchise ownership available to just about everyone.
- Home-based businesses with low overhead.
- Set your own hours and schedule.
- Hire people you want to work with.
- Be a sole proprietor or form a partnership.
- In-home consultative sales approach.
- Protected territories, no in-house competition.
- Residential and commercial revenue streams.
- Vendor Alliances ensure product excellence and best pricing.
- Home Office support teams for every area of business.
- Recession-proof businesses in the multi-billion-dollar home services industry.
- Coordinated national and local marketing efforts drive brand awareness.
- No limit on income; scale your business to the size you want.
- Franchise fee discounts for qualified Veterans.
Being a business owner on your own exposes you and your business to more risk than you experience as a franchise business owner. With a proven path to follow, your chances of success are higher, and you have a supportive company behind you. Historically, the success rate of new franchise businesses is greater than new, independent startup businesses. To dig deeper into franchise ownership, and specifically to learn what HFC brands have to offer, call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and begin to see the real possibilities of starting your own franchise business.
- Budget Blinds – is the largest window coverings franchise in North America, offering custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for residential and commercial customers.
- Tailored Living – provides whole-home organization and innovative storage solutions for home or business at the right price for every budget.
- Concrete Craft – is the only decorative concrete franchise offering concrete repair and restoration along with concrete overlays and custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
- AdvantaClean — one of the leading national franchised providers of Restoration Services, including mold removal and remediation, water damage restoration, Radon testing or mitigation, and air duct cleaning.