Owning a business and being your own boss is the American Dream, and many people have realized that dream through franchise business ownership. Along with the many freedoms that being the boss provides, the ability to give back to their own communities is a perk that many franchise business owners hold dear. Within the Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) family of brands, many individual franchisees have developed local partnerships for giving back, as well as supporting the Heart & Home initiatives that are Home Office sponsored.
A network-wide culture of giving back
Heart & Home seeks to transform lives by bringing calm into customers’ homes with high-quality products to enrich their lives, as well as helping to provide a sense of dignity and pride to people through care and service partnerships:
- Orangewood Children & Family Center – Home Office associates donate school supplies and volunteer to help pack donated backpacks as a back-to-school gift for needy children.
- Second Harvest Food Bank – associates collected non-perishable foodstuffs for the Food Bank.
- Working Wardrobes – Home Office donates clothing items, and associate volunteers spend the day at Working Wardrobes readying the clothes and accessories for job seekers re-entering the workforce.
- Give Me $5 (Help Me Drive) – Affiliated with Working Wardrobes, this program provides gas or public transportation costs to assist people with getting to job training, interviews, and workshops. HFC associates and franchisees donate as well as encouraging family, friends, and customers to directly donate.
Heart & Home complements HFC’s long-standing veteran-support initiatives that keep the HFC brands rated as Best for Vets franchise opportunities. Veteran support and partnerships take many forms:
- Discounts for qualified Veterans to become franchise business owners
- Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) — provides window blinds for this organization that builds mortgage-free, specially adapted homes for severely injured Veterans.
- Wounded Warriors Canada (WWC) – Cash donations to help fund various programs to assist Canadian Veterans and their families.
- NBC’s George to the Rescue called on Budget Blinds and Tailored Living to help renovate several Veterans’ homes with window treatments, closet systems, and garage storage solutions.
- Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover airing on Lifetime® Television invited Budget Blinds to provide beautiful, custom window coverings in four Veteran home makeovers.
Build your own business with a culture of giving back
If you aspire to support your family while also giving back, becoming a franchise owner with any of HFC’s four brands may be the answer. As a business owner, you have the flexibility to designate time to volunteer, donate your services and products, and make cash donations to issues that are close to your heart. Franchise owners with Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft®, and AdvantaClean® actively support chosen charities and causes in their own local communities.
Patricia Glidewell, a franchise owner of Budget Blinds of Salem, OR, opened a foster home for children, ages 7 to 11, in conjunction with her Budget Blinds business. Her staff are all equally committed to this ongoing ministry, Noah’s Ark, alongside running the business. Patricia is also a Court Appointed Special Advocate for foster children, Rotarian, Leadership Trainer for the Ford Family Foundation and an elected City Councilwoman. Hear her share her story by clicking here.
Here are some of the other ways that HFC franchise owners live out their heart’s desire to reach out and impact their communities and change peoples’ lives on a daily basis.
- Supporting community organizations that focus on providing shelter or other needs for families who are in poverty or experiencing domestic violence or other abuse, such as the Legacy Home for women in Lubbock, TX.
- Contributing to annual design or lottery homes that raise money for local causes such as the Princess Margaret Cancer Research Lottery House and DC Design House.
- Donating time, product, and expertise to neighborhood Habitat for Humanity projects, and recycling blinds for Seeds of Hope.
- Participating in HFOT Groundbreaking, Volunteer Day and Key Ceremony presentations for local builds, in addition to installing the blinds.
- Contributing to fundraisers and silent auctions to support schools, children’s programs, youth athletic foundation and art booster clubs.
- Donating and installing window treatments in local schools, churches, veterans’ private homes, children’s support groups and teen halfway houses.
- Out of a personal tragedy, another franchise owner founded Team of Mercy, a ministry to assist survivors of suicide; to be there in the first critical 24 hours and give help and support with counseling and after-care in the days following.
HFC’s commitment to giving back is an extension of our core value of caring. We care about our customers, the communities we live in and, just as importantly, our franchisees, associates, families, and friends. If you have a desire to own your own business and a heart for helping others and giving back, the HFC franchise family of brands may be the perfect place to land! You can build a business the way you want to work and have the freedom and flexibility to be involved in your local community to support charities and programs that are meaningful to you. Aspects of our business models include:
- Low-cost franchises with low overhead.
- Home-based business model with the option to set up a showroom or offices.
- No experience necessary, in-depth training in every facet of the business.
- Set your own workdays and schedule.
- No limit on income; scale your business to the size you want with one or multiple territories.
- Home Office support teams for every facet of business, including marketing, IT, sales, operations, admin, social media, and installation.
- Franchise fee discounts for qualified Veterans.
If you’re ready to gain control of your life, go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today to talk to one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors. Discover if owning a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living, Concrete Craft or AdvantaClean franchise business will give you the freedom, financial security, and lifestyle that you desire.