How was your summer vacation? Didn’t take one due to your job? Well, sadly, you’re not alone. Approximately 40% of Americans do not take vacation time, or they leave or lose up to five days a year. Shocking? Yes…and the reasons may surprise you:
- Not easy to take time off the job; you return to a work overload
- Fear they’ll discover they don’t really need you
- Can’t afford time off or the expense of a vacation
- Leaving vacation days unused proves your loyalty to the company (false job security?)
- 25% of workers don’t even get paid vacation time
If you’re wistfully nodding, it may be time for a change…and a vacation. Try to imagine what it would feel like to be your own boss and create a work/life balance that works for you and your family. We do live in a culture of “nose to the grindstone” and “running the rat race,” but you can take control of your career destiny by owning a franchise business. You’ll still work hard, but it can be on your own terms, including time off when you need it and regular vacations. You can relax and travel, knowing that the business is safe with your hand-picked team, or structured so that shutting down for a couple of weeks is not going to be a financial hardship. Franchising puts you in control.
The flexibility of franchising
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is home to three dynamic home services brands that includes Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. The multi-billion dollar home improvement industry is growing every year as the economy continues to grow and people are investing in home renovations and staying in their homes longer. As the independent business owner of an HFC franchise, your offerings will never go out of style.
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial
- Tailored Living featuring PremierGarage – custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business
- Concrete Craft – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and vertical surfaces, including walkways, driveways, decks, patios and fireplaces
As an independent franchise business owner with HFC, you are in control of how much money you make, how many hours you choose to work and who you want to work with. Many of our franchisees run family businesses and we’re even seeing three generations working together as grandchildren come on board to learn the business!
The support of a franchise system
There is never a time as a franchise owner with HFC that you will feel like the Lone Ranger. Corporate support systems are in place that can be tapped into at any time, as well as one-on-one mentoring relationships and a team of business coaches that are dedicated to your success. Whether questions arise about sales, installations, marketing, products, ordering, business processes or technology, corporate teams are an email or phone call away!
Training is crucial to the success of any franchise business, and comprehensive training involves both downloading information and hands-on installation training. Instructors are experienced members of the HFC family or vendor reps that are long-time manufacturing partners who know the products inside-out. With HFC, training never stops and support is available 24/7/365!
- Initial two-week training classes at Corporate
- Extensive Operations Manuals
- Vendor Alliance online webinars and onsite franchisee training by product reps
- Specialty training such as the Budget Blinds quarterly, five-day Inspired Drapes Drapery School
- Helpful franchisees in neighboring territories
- Sales and Marketing regional training seminars (SAMS)
- In-depth, online training and educational videos covering all areas of business
- Annual Conventions for networking, updates and niche training
Not the new kid on the block
HFC has been franchising for over 20 years, and the franchise business models of Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft are proven, reliable systems. Dan Tafoya, President of Tailored Living, sums up the importance of a solid business model: “Follow the model to avoid the school of hard knocks!” All three brands offer:
- National brand recognition and robust marketing campaigns
- A home-based business with low overhead
- Shop-at-home consumer convenience
- Low initial investment and flat-rate royalty fees
- Vendor Alliance programs for the best products at the best prices
HFC is dedicated to helping each and every franchise business owner realize their financial and personal dreams, including those elusive vacations! Take that first step toward taking charge of your life and developing a work/life balance that benefits your family and your financial future. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and begin investigating the business of franchising and see if a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise opportunity is the proper fit for you.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners.